none
Trouble with the SignIn link RRS feed

• Question

• I'm having trouble with the SignIn link in the upper right corner. When I click the link nothing happens; I don't get the SignIn window.  I was finally able to sign in when I went to the Contact Us link; there was a different signin link on that page. 
    GrandpaB
    Tuesday, September 30, 2008 4:11 PM

Answers

• Mike,

There had to be a problem with my system somehow, somewhere... there were just too many things that did not work.  The long and short of it is; I un-installed and re-installed Sliverlight and now the new forums are working.  Thanks for listening to my whining.
    GrandpaB
    • Edited by GrandpaB Saturday, October 4, 2008 3:10 PM
    • Marked as answer by GrandpaB Saturday, October 4, 2008 3:10 PM
    Saturday, October 4, 2008 3:08 PM

All replies

•  Whoa!  Lots of links don't work!  I'm using IE7 and when I click "Forums Home", "Browse Users", "My Profile", or "My Alerts" the statusbar displays downloading, but then the page does not change. 

Also when I create a thread I don't like having to search a dropdownlist for a forum.  If I am in a forum the dropdownlist should display that forum as the default.

I see that the new Forums format is slicker, but as of now it has a lot of very rough edges.  Until the development is complete how can I go back to the previous Forum?
    GrandpaB
    Tuesday, September 30, 2008 4:26 PM
  • > Until the development is complete how can I go back to the previous Forum?

You can go back to the original forums using the original addresses such as 

http://forums.microsoft.com/MSDN/default.aspx?siteid=1

the problem is that where there is a new version of the forum, the version via the above URL has been for several weeks read-only.

• Edited by Mike Walsh FIN Tuesday, September 30, 2008 4:49 PM improved
    Tuesday, September 30, 2008 4:48 PM
  • Mike,

Do the new versions have major problems?  I don't get alerts!  The more I work with the new versions the more frustrated I become.  Is it me, or have the NEW Forums been released prematurely? 

GrandpaB
    Saturday, October 4, 2008 1:50 AM
  • There have lots of threads about alerts not working in the new forums.

I don't know what the present state is though so you might want to check the back posts here in this forum for those earlier threads and recent updates in them.

As for released prematurely, there's likely to be things wrong with any new software. They mainly work and the MS people have been reacting quite quickly to reports of errors so they are getting better on a weekly basis. That's not to say that they are perfect by any means. They have been driving me mad because of being so slow in the last few days (in my evening = US days) for instance. (I don't use alerts ....)
    Saturday, October 4, 2008 8:04 AM
  • Mike,

There had to be a problem with my system somehow, somewhere... there were just too many things that did not work.  The long and short of it is; I un-installed and re-installed Sliverlight and now the new forums are working.  Thanks for listening to my whining.
    GrandpaB
    • Edited by GrandpaB Saturday, October 4, 2008 3:10 PM
    • Marked as answer by GrandpaB Saturday, October 4, 2008 3:10 PM
    Saturday, October 4, 2008 3:08 PM