Suggestions for improvement RRS feed

• General discussion

•  

Since OneCare is nearing its release (according to Microsoft) I thought I'd post some things I'd like to see added or changed to make the product better.

1. Design

I liked the blue rectangle that surrounded "This PC" and "Manage Your OneCare Circle" links, but now they appear to be more like "buttons" that you get in Windows XP. The blue rectangle really fitted in with the blue theme that the software has going, and when the button is "pressed" it doesn't look very attractive, just a grey coloured button.

2. Protection Plus

I think that you should be able to manage the Firewall settings straight from Protection Plus like you can with other elements of the software. You should be able to click a link such as "Change Firewall Settings" instead of having to go through "Change Settings" and then find the Firewall section. You are able to manually search for updates and perform scans among other things through Protection Plus, and I thought this would be a nice feature to save some time, and also help people that aren't very good at using computers or Anti Virus software.

3. Monthly Report

I think this has the potential to be a handy feature, but at the moment, it seems to be doing nothing. Yes it displays information about what OneCare has done for your computer recently, but apart from that it doesn't do anything else. It is also not set out on the page very clearly and is somewhat muddled. It should all be one page that you don't have to scroll down to see everything else - everything should be right there infront of you and easily seen at a glance. The different sections such as Performance Plus need to be more prominent and distinguishable so that one could find what they're looking for without really having to stare at the page. The graphs, aside from measure what OneCare is doing, don't do anything else. They should be removed, or made more useful somehow.

Those are just my ideas and I would be happy if Microsoft aknowledged them. I would also appreciate any feedback from the OneCare community.

Thanks

Nathan

Friday, November 2, 2007 4:39 PM

All replies

• Thanks for the feedback, Nathan. I'm sure that it will be digested by the OneCare team, however, I can't promise you'll get a formal acknowledgment. I know that all feedback is valued by them, though - both good and bad.

-steve

Saturday, November 3, 2007 2:45 AM