OFF TOPIC: Windows Installer RRS feed

• General discussion

• I installed the new Microsoft Professional Office 2007 and since the install of these programs I am having a problem with a Windows Installer window popping up and then not installing anything. When I cancel the install it  pops right back up. I have searched and tried many things to fix this problem and I have not been successful. It seems to be a problem with the Microsoft Professional Office 2003 program that was already on my computer. I am thinking I should have uninstalled the 2003 prior to installing the 2007. Now I am unable to uninstall the 2003. I get an error saying that it can not confirm the license for the program and I do not have access to the disks that were used to install the 2003. At my wits end and very frustrated. Can someone out here help me?
    Thursday, July 19, 2007 5:13 PM

All replies

• You're off topic for this forum, which is dedicated to Windows Live OneCare. You may want to try the Office newsgroups here: http://support.microsoft.com/newsgroups/Default.aspx

The installer is probably loading to configure the Office 2007 program you are opening if you had opened Office 2003 in between the launches of the Office 2007 application.

-steve

Thursday, July 19, 2007 6:41 PM