none
SPAM problem Technet RRS feed

• Question

• For a thread I opened administrative command prompt and typed systeminfo.

Copy and pasting the information was interpreted as SPAM.

The system info was divided into portions.

This portion triggers the SPAM:

Original Install Date:     6/13/2018, 2:20:58 AM
    System Boot Time:          8/2/2018, 6:12:37 PM
    System Manufacturer:       Hewlett-Packard
    System Model:              HP ZBook 17 G2
    System Type:               x64-based PC
    Processor(s):              1 Processor(s) Installed.
                               [01]: Intel64 Family 6 Model 60 Stepping 3 GenuineIntel ~2801 Mhz

Please fix the technet website so that the results of administrative command prompt systeminfo does not trigger spam.

Thursday, August 2, 2018 11:44 PM

Answers

• For the spam problem I was planning to use one drive or drop box share links but this take more time and both cloud sizes are at the maximum.  So I would need to get more cloud storage or remove files that are already there.  There are many files that can be removed from one drive or drop box but this will take time too.

For the posts directly into TechNet are you suggesting that the copy and paste be made to notepad first and then copy and paste from notepad?  Was the systeminfo output not considered txt?  I did not understand the definition of a pure txt file.  Please explain.

Thank you for reporting the issue.

Many OP do not post information about their computers and a system info post may come in handy to get the needed information.

Again thx.

Hi,

>> For the posts directly into TechNet are you suggesting that ...

No!

My suggestion was to use text file in external place and give us the link. NOT to posts directly into TechNet, if the content is recognize as spam, exactly as you said use one drive or drop box.

Anyhow, I reported this issue, but it is not something that will be done anytime soon probably, even if they choose to change something and no one said that they will agree with my recommendation ;-)

In the meantime as we both said, simply use one drive or drop box or any external place and in the forum give the link to watch the content of the code or to download the code as text file from the external hosting.

signature   Ronen Ariely
     [Personal Site]    [Blog]    [Facebook]    [Linkedin]

Friday, August 3, 2018 3:18 AM
  • Sorry for the late reply. In my post I suggested emailing

fissues [at] Microsoft [dot] com

The fissues is short for forum issues (I assume). Ronen may have already contacted them, but I think it would still be worthwhile to email them. This seems to clearly be a bug in the spam filter that should be corrected. I have no idea why my test in the Sandbox forum was not flagged as spam. I may have deleted the post too soon.

Richard Mueller - MVP Enterprise Mobility (Identity and Access)

Friday, August 3, 2018 12:01 PM

All replies

• How did you paste the command output into a post. Did you redirect the SystemInfo output to a text file, then copy and past the file contents? And why is this post not flagged as spam?

Friday, August 3, 2018 12:10 AM
  • Before the post I ran the following commands in administrative command prompt:

1) sfc /scannow

2) dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

3) chkdsk /scan

4) systeminfo

The commands and results were then posted into the thread.

Many many times it displayed the SPAM message.

Then there were approximately 10 to 15 more attempts posting the same output in portions.

Each time the edit method was used adding and removing portions.

The remaining portion was not able to be posted without the SPAM problem.

There were other parts to the post that were not systeminfo that never displayed spam.

So somehow the systeminfo output from administrative command prompt appears to trigger the SPAM message.

Immediately below this post (no edit) I attempted to post only the output from systeminfo again and it displayed SPAM.

So the problem is reproducible.

Friday, August 3, 2018 1:07 AM
  • This is a test to see if the full out displays SPAM at this time.

Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.17134.165]
    (c) 2018 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.
    C:\WINDOWS\system32>sfc /scannow
    Beginning system scan.  This process will take some time.
    Beginning verification phase of system scan.
    Verification 100% complete.
    Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations.
    C:\WINDOWS\system32>dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth
    Deployment Image Servicing and Management tool
    Version: 10.0.17134.1
    Image Version: 10.0.17134.165
    [==========================100.0%==========================] The restore operation completed successfully.
    The operation completed successfully.
    C:\WINDOWS\system32>chkdsk /scan
    The type of the file system is NTFS.
    Stage 1: Examining basic file system structure ...
      431360 file records processed.
    File verification completed.
      4251 large file records processed.
      0 bad file records processed.
    Stage 2: Examining file name linkage ...
      539 reparse records processed.
      500742 index entries processed.
    Index verification completed.
      0 unindexed files scanned.
      0 unindexed files recovered to lost and found.
      539 reparse records processed.
    Stage 3: Examining security descriptors ...
    Security descriptor verification completed.
      34692 data files processed.
    CHKDSK is verifying Usn Journal...
      40465656 USN bytes processed.
    Usn Journal verification completed.
    Windows has scanned the file system and found no problems.
    No further action is required.
     248623035 KB total disk space.
     105246556 KB in 156684 files.
        111468 KB in 34693 indexes.
             0 KB in bad sectors.
        549479 KB in use by the system.
         65536 KB occupied by the log file.
     142715532 KB available on disk.
          4096 bytes in each allocation unit.
      62155758 total allocation units on disk.
      35678883 allocation units available on disk.
    C:\WINDOWS\system32>systeminfo
    Host Name:                 DESKTOP-9HEBUKS
    OS Name:                   Microsoft Windows 10 Pro
    OS Version:                10.0.17134 N/A Build 17134
    OS Manufacturer:           Microsoft Corporation
    OS Configuration:          Standalone Workstation
    OS Build Type:             Multiprocessor Free
    Registered Owner:          Windows User
    Registered Organization:
    Product ID:                00330-80000-00000-AA142
    Original Install Date:     6/13/2018, 2:20:58 AM
    System Boot Time:          8/2/2018, 6:12:37 PM
    System Manufacturer:       Hewlett-Packard
    System Model:              HP ZBook 17 G2
    System Type:               x64-based PC
    Processor(s):              1 Processor(s) Installed.
                               [01]: Intel64 Family 6 Model 60 Stepping 3 GenuineIntel ~2801 Mhz
    BIOS Version:              Hewlett-Packard M70 Ver. 01.21, 4/12/2018
    Windows Directory:         C:\WINDOWS
    System Directory:          C:\WINDOWS\system32
    Boot Device:               \Device\HarddiskVolume2
    Total Physical Memory:     32,683 MB
    Available Physical Memory: 29,631 MB
    Virtual Memory: Max Size:  59,307 MB
    Virtual Memory: Available: 56,166 MB
    Virtual Memory: In Use:    3,141 MB
    Page File Location(s):     C:\pagefile.sys
    Domain:                    WORKGROUP
    Logon Server:              \\DESKTOP-9HEBUKS
    Hotfix(s):                 4 Hotfix(s) Installed.
                               [01]: KB4287903
                               [02]: KB4338832
                               [03]: KB4343669
                               [04]: KB4338819
    Network Card(s):           3 NIC(s) Installed.
                               [01]: Intel(R) Ethernet Connection I217-LM
                                     Connection Name: Ethernet
                               [02]: Intel(R) Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260
                                     Connection Name: Wi-Fi
                                     DHCP Enabled:    Yes                               
                               [03]: Bluetooth Device (Personal Area Network)
                                     Connection Name: Bluetooth Network Connection
    Hyper-V Requirements:      VM Monitor Mode Extensions: Yes
                               Virtualization Enabled In Firmware: No
                               Second Level Address Translation: Yes
                               Data Execution Prevention Available: Yes
    C:\WINDOWS\system32>

Friday, August 3, 2018 1:11 AM
  • So you copied directly from the command prompt and pasted into a post. I ran SystemInfo in a command prompt, highlighted the output, copied to the clipboard, and pasted into a Sandbox forum post. It was not flagged as spam.

I can see your deleted reply, Marked Abusive by Reply Auto Spam Filter. I don't know what triggers this in your output.

I would email fissues [at] Microsoft [dot] com, with a link to this thread. The forum admins at that email should look into this.

Friday, August 3, 2018 1:50 AM
  • So you copied directly from the command prompt and pasted into a post. I ran SystemInfo in a command prompt, highlighted the output, copied to the clipboard, and pasted into a Sandbox forum post. It was not flagged as spam.

I can see your deleted reply, Marked Abusive by Reply Auto Spam Filter. I don't know what triggers this in your output.

I would email fissues [at] Microsoft [dot] com, with a link to this thread. The forum admins at that email should look into this.

In the above it displayed fissues and I wanted to make sure that it was or was not fissues instead of issues.

This was the original thread in which I wanted to post the administrative command prompt systeminfo.  In the thread I had to remove a portion of the system info to not have the SPAM.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/ac59940d-1396-452f-8875-7d5516d3ccea/troubleshoot-high-cpu-after-reboot-and-after-system-restore?forum=win10itprohardware

Friday, August 3, 2018 1:58 AM
  • Good day ?!?

* I hate that I cannot even use a name when I say "good day" :-(

I can see your test on this forum. And I can see the content which was marked as spam and led to automatically delete your message.

First, I will "Undelete" it so people could see the test that led to the issue and take part in the discussion. At this time only Moderators can see the deleted message.

Secondly, unfortunately you are right. I tested your content in out Moderator testing forum (PLEASE DO NOT TEST IN PUBLIC FORUM) and my message was marked as spam and was deleted automatically. I next tested the same content inside a block of code (using the built-in  "insert code block" button) and this did not help.

Since this is technical forum to discuss issue related to code I would call it a BUG :-)

I will report the issue to the development team of the forum.

In the mean time, in cases like this, you can upload the code as text file and add a link to the text file, so people will be able to download it. PLEASE USE ONLY PURE TXT FILES.

signature   Ronen Ariely

Friday, August 3, 2018 2:45 AM
  • For the spam problem I was planning to use one drive or drop box share links but this take more time and both cloud sizes are at the maximum.  So I would need to get more cloud storage or remove files that are already there.  There are many files that can be removed from one drive or drop box but this will take time too.

For the posts directly into TechNet are you suggesting that the copy and paste be made to notepad first and then copy and paste from notepad?  Was the systeminfo output not considered txt?  I did not understand the definition of a pure txt file.  Please explain.

Many OP do not post information about their computers and a system info post may come in handy to get the needed information.

Again thx.

Friday, August 3, 2018 3:06 AM

Again thx.

Hi,

>> For the posts directly into TechNet are you suggesting that ...

No!

My suggestion was to use text file in external place and give us the link. NOT to posts directly into TechNet, if the content is recognize as spam, exactly as you said use one drive or drop box.

Anyhow, I reported this issue, but it is not something that will be done anytime soon probably, even if they choose to change something and no one said that they will agree with my recommendation ;-)

In the meantime as we both said, simply use one drive or drop box or any external place and in the forum give the link to watch the content of the code or to download the code as text file from the external hosting.

signature   Ronen Ariely

Friday, August 3, 2018 3:18 AM
  • Sorry for the late reply. In my post I suggested emailing

fissues [at] Microsoft [dot] com

The fissues is short for forum issues (I assume). Ronen may have already contacted them, but I think it would still be worthwhile to email them. This seems to clearly be a bug in the spam filter that should be corrected. I have no idea why my test in the Sandbox forum was not flagged as spam. I may have deleted the post too soon.

Friday, August 3, 2018 12:01 PM