none
WHS11: where do client backups get stored? RRS feed

Answers

• They appear under Server Folders and can be moved using the "Move the folder" wizard.
    • Marked as answer by Dick Watson Wednesday, June 1, 2011 12:09 PM
    Wednesday, June 1, 2011 11:30 AM

All replies

• This is all a mystery to me too with my new install. I guess it gets stored somewhere on the second partition it creates after creating the system store on part of the main hard drive. On my machine Client Backups are under H:\ServerFolders..... I really dislike what it did with the lettering of drives. It seems to randomly pick up drive letters and did nothing with the other 3 drives I have installed... so my main drives are C: and H: Huh? But the big question is how do you backup C: as well as this H: drive. Do you want to recreate your server from scratch? Not me. If all you users have Windows 7 they can back themselves up for free, without this server.
    Wednesday, June 1, 2011 5:21 AM
  • They appear under Server Folders and can be moved using the "Move the folder" wizard.
    • Marked as answer by Dick Watson Wednesday, June 1, 2011 12:09 PM
    Wednesday, June 1, 2011 11:30 AM
  • That works for me. Thanks!
    Wednesday, June 1, 2011 12:09 PM
  • Do you understand how you can backup the system disk (C:)?
    Wednesday, June 1, 2011 12:36 PM
  • Don't have a WHS11 machine just yet. It's been enabled per what I've read--unlike in WHSv1 where it really wasn't do-able.

See http://www.wegotserved.com/2010/08/29/windows-home-server-vail-preview-client-and-server-backup-deep-dive/ for one article that talks about all of this.

Wednesday, June 1, 2011 2:25 PM