Need help, have 3 hard drives: 2 (raid 1), 1(operating system and data) had separate pathway for raid, raid pathway disappeared when WHS combined storage together. RRS feed

• Question

• Need your help in restoring raid pathway for my raid 1 hard drives. I lost the pathway for these hard drives when WHS combined (+added) my

3rd hard drive storage (OS and Data) with the raid drives. I did not want for WHS to combine these together as 1 storage space so I decided to

undo (remove) the raid drives from (os and data) drive. Now my problem is: I lost the pathway to access my raid 1 drives and I could not utilize

them for my data. Please help in restoring my raid 1 drive pathway.

Thank you for any assistance that you may share.

tougedrifter

Tuesday, November 2, 2010 4:05 AM

All replies

• I'm confused. Does the RAID array still appear as a disk in the Server Storage tab of the console? If so, assign it a drive letter from the server desktop. Presumably this is where you plan to manage your server from, though doing so is unsupported. If it doesn't appear in the Server Storage tab, then you've uninstalled the RAID drivers from your server, so you will need to reinstall them.

In all honesty, though, managing your storage for you is one of the core design principles of Windows Home Server.

I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)
    Tuesday, November 2, 2010 9:56 AM