Gigabit backups don't work? RRS feed

• Question

• Just did a fresh install of RC1. I have a Vista Ultimate machine connected by a D-Link DGS-2208 switch. File transfers work fine (have transfered 100 GB or so no problems) but this system won't back up. I get a connection lost error. I have a XP Pro machine with 100 Mb nic and it is backing up fine. Haven't had time to test more machines yet. Any reason why gigabit will transfer files but not backup.

Thanks

Michael

Thursday, June 14, 2007 6:26 AM

Answers

• It was the driver. Had to go to Realtek web site to get driver for Abit AB9Pro mobo. New drivers released 6/6/07 fixed this issue. Thanks.
    Thursday, June 14, 2007 6:22 PM

All replies

•  McMikey wrote:

Just did a fresh install of RC1. I have a Vista Ultimate machine connected by a D-Link DGS-2208 switch. File transfers work fine (have transfered 100 GB or so no problems) but this system won't back up. I get a connection lost error. I have a XP Pro machine with 100 Mb nic and it is backing up fine. Haven't had time to test more machines yet. Any reason why gigabit will transfer files but not backup.

Thanks

Michael

I'm not having problems backing up over gigabit, do you have current drivers for the NIC?

Thursday, June 14, 2007 6:30 AM
  • It was the driver. Had to go to Realtek web site to get driver for Abit AB9Pro mobo. New drivers released 6/6/07 fixed this issue. Thanks.
    Thursday, June 14, 2007 6:22 PM
  •  McMikey wrote:
    It was the driver. Had to go to Realtek web site to get driver for Abit AB9Pro mobo. New drivers released 6/6/07 fixed this issue. Thanks.

I'm glad you were able to answer your own question. Wink
    Thursday, June 14, 2007 6:35 PM
  • This thread is a prime example on how NOT to mark an answer.
    Thursday, June 14, 2007 8:16 PM