Please answer my new question or direct me to someone who can, thank you RRS feed

• Question

• Thanks again, I did check my quarantine log to see if there was an infected file in there, there was not. Should I assume that the one infection that One Care found is removed from my system? Because I looked at the help Q & A and it does not say anything other than One Care takes care of it but no definition as to how it takes care of the infection.

Thanks, sorry to bug you but the trojan it found had been wreaking havoc on my system for about 24 hours and now things are fine.
    Thursday, July 9, 2009 7:19 PM

Answers

• I'm not sure of what happened to your original post but it could only be deleted by a moderator or the original poster and the moderators in this forum have never deleted a post related to One Care. To see the disposition of any malware found by One Care on your computer you can create a support log. To create a support log open One Care>Change Settings>Logging, Create support log. When the support log opens scroll down to the viruses and spyware section and you will see the details of any infected objects found and the disposition of those objects.
    If this does not answer your question feel free to ask another question here or contact support. How to reach support - http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/onecareinstallandactivate/thread/30400b52-7f26-4ba0-bc18-17e305329d90
    Jim - MVP Windows Live - Forum Moderator - Live One Care - Live Mesh - Microsoft Security Essentials
    Thursday, July 9, 2009 9:08 PM
  • Forget it, I suppose asking more than one question is above & beyond, as you DELETED my last question...........Forget the OneCare, this is ridiculous (as other members have stated)...........Next, Moving on! I am sure you will delete this too............

I deleted your post since it is exactly the same text as you posted in the original thread, which I answered:
    http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/onecareanti-virus/thread/59763926-a7e4-4598-b70e-a6303ba3ca34

This was the response to the text that you have now posted again:
    "In the report that gets generated, you will see what action was taken. If the defined action is to remove the threat by deleting it, that is what will happen. In some cases, it can be cleaned from the infected file, and in others the infected file is quarantined."

-steve
    Microsoft MVP Windows Live / Windows Live OneCare, Live Mesh, & MS Security Essentials Forums Moderator
    Thursday, July 9, 2009 9:25 PM

All replies

• Forget it, I suppose asking more than one question is above & beyond, as you DELETED my last question...........Forget the OneCare, this is ridiculous (as other members have stated)...........Next, Moving on! I am sure you will delete this too............
    Thursday, July 9, 2009 7:38 PM
  • I'm not sure of what happened to your original post but it could only be deleted by a moderator or the original poster and the moderators in this forum have never deleted a post related to One Care. To see the disposition of any malware found by One Care on your computer you can create a support log. To create a support log open One Care>Change Settings>Logging, Create support log. When the support log opens scroll down to the viruses and spyware section and you will see the details of any infected objects found and the disposition of those objects.
    If this does not answer your question feel free to ask another question here or contact support. How to reach support - http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/onecareinstallandactivate/thread/30400b52-7f26-4ba0-bc18-17e305329d90
    Jim - MVP Windows Live - Forum Moderator - Live One Care - Live Mesh - Microsoft Security Essentials
    Thursday, July 9, 2009 9:08 PM

I deleted your post since it is exactly the same text as you posted in the original thread, which I answered:
    http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/onecareanti-virus/thread/59763926-a7e4-4598-b70e-a6303ba3ca34

This was the response to the text that you have now posted again:
    "In the report that gets generated, you will see what action was taken. If the defined action is to remove the threat by deleting it, that is what will happen. In some cases, it can be cleaned from the infected file, and in others the infected file is quarantined."

-steve
    Microsoft MVP Windows Live / Windows Live OneCare, Live Mesh, & MS Security Essentials Forums Moderator
    Thursday, July 9, 2009 9:25 PM
  • Reddun, your original post was not deleted. Your other posts were made in the Antispyware folder. You can see all of your posts by clicking "My Threads" under your name in the upper right side of the page.
    Thursday, July 9, 2009 9:26 PM