none
Wizard Related Problem RRS feed

• Question

• HI,

I am elby doing a project using Wizard in visual studio 2008.I have to save the datas to two different tables from the single form.

ex:tblEmpmast(empid,empname)

tblVisa(Visaid,empid,visa)

These are the two tables i have and i set forienkey relation between empid in tblEmpmast and empid in tblvisa.
    I use the binding source to bind the table with the winform(i.e drag the datasource tables to the form).
    So the whole fields which comes in this table (i.e.empid,empname,Visaid,empid,visa) should be displayed as text fields(1 to 1 relation)
    i can save this if visa details shown in a grid view.

but here i want to show the visa detail in the form as individual text

Any body can help me

Saturday, July 11, 2009 6:51 AM

Answers

All replies

• I'm sorry but I don't understand your question (I admit that I never used neither WinForms nor SQL in Visual Studio, so that might be one of the reasons).

Why is the wizard important and which wizard it is?
    Where are the tables from? Are they SQL tables from SQL database?
    What do you mean by form? WinForms?
    How and where are you saving the details about visa? And why is it important?
    If you have the data from database, why cannot you create/design your custom WinForm to present the data to the user?
    Saturday, July 11, 2009 7:49 AM
  • HI,

I am elby doing a project using Wizard in visual studio 2008.I have to save the datas to two different tables from the single form.

ex:tblEmpmast(empid,empname)

tblVisa(Visaid,empid,visa)

These are the two tables i have and i set forienkey relation between empid in tblEmpmast and empid in tblvisa.
    I use the binding source to bind the table with the winform(i.e drag the datasource tables to the form).
    So the whole fields which comes in this table (i.e.empid,empname,Visaid,empid,visa) should be displayed as text fields(1 to 1 relation)
    i can save this if visa details shown in a grid view.

but here i want to show the visa detail in the form as individual text
    help me
    thanks

Saturday, July 11, 2009 8:06 AM
  • Sir urgent can u help me
    Saturday, July 11, 2009 10:27 AM
  • Unfortunately I cannot help you as I still don't understand fully your question. But maybe someone else on this forum will be able to help you ...
    Good luck!
    -Karel

Saturday, July 11, 2009 2:09 PM
  • Pick a forum here: http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/category/visualstudio

Thanks!

Ed Price (a.k.a User Ed), SQL Server Customer Program Manager (Blog, Twitter, Wiki)

Wednesday, November 7, 2012 10:10 PM
    Owner