CRM 2011 - Connect To functionality defaults to "Contact" how to change to "User" RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

I want to CONNECT my appointment to another user and then create a view for another user so they see notification on dashboard when someone connected this appointment to them.

When I go to CONNECT record, field "Connected To" it defaults to Contact, how can I change it when user clicks this button so it automatically defaults to user?

Tuesday, July 15, 2014 1:45 PM

All replies

• Hello,

you have to use Javascript to change the default entity in the "Look for". Unfortunately, I don't know JS enough o give you the code.

But I am sure, a dev will give you this code ;)

Regards,

Ju_li3n

Blog: crmandme.blogspot.com Twitter: https://twitter.com/Ju_li3n "Working hard for something we don't care is called STRESS. Working hard for something we love is called PASSION"

Tuesday, July 15, 2014 4:10 PM
  • Hi Donyc,

This Might help out your requriment.

document.getElementById("customerid").setAttribute("defaulttype", "2");
    Xrm.Page.getControl("customerid").setDefaultView("a2d479c5-53e3-4c69-addd-802327e67a0d");

The first line sets the default entity type to Contact for the Customer Lookup dialog. Try to search for the USER default type value from MSDN.

The second line sets the Customer Lookup dialog’s view to the ‘Contacts Lookup View’ using its guid value. If you do not use this line of code it will default to the ‘My Active Contacts View’ or whatever you have selected as the default Contact view.

Follow this link:

http://bingsoft.wordpress.com/2011/01/13/default-customer-lookup-to-contact-in-crm-2011/

Prudveen D If the answer helped you, remember to mark it as answer.

Wednesday, July 16, 2014 5:43 AM
  • Hi Donyc,

Use this following function on your Form OnLoad of Connections:

function OnLoad()
    {
       setTimeout(function() {
       document.getElementById("record2id").setAttribute("defaulttype", "8");
       document.getElementById("record2id").setAttribute("DefaultViewId", "{E88CA999-0B16-4AE9-B6A9-9EDC840D42D8}");
       }, 1000);
    }

This will change the default Connect To to User for any connection that you make.

Admin QuikView Solution for CRM 2013

Wednesday, July 16, 2014 5:56 AM