none
Vista (Now a Windows 7) System Wakes Up But Doesn't Back Up RRS feed

• Question

• I have a Windows 7 System (64-bit) that runs perfectly (day to day, manual backups, etc.). The system will wake up at night for its backup, but the back up never happens. I assume that it never even starts the backup, as there has never been any errors or warnings in the morning (other than the connector telling me that a successful backup has not done in X amount of days).

This system hibernates overnight.

Two other XP Pro systems on the network are setup the same way and backup successfully overnight without issue.

This has always happened on this system. Up until now I have lived with the problem; I assumed it was something specific to my Vista install (32-bit), which I had other problems with. However I now have a pristine Windows 7 system which otherwise works perfectly, and would really like to get to the bottom of this problem.

I have a PP1 WHS that I built myself that runs without issue.
    Athlon X2 BE-2300, Asus M2A-VM, 2GB RAM, 2x500GB WD SE16 Drives, Antec NSK-2480 Case

My Windows 7 computer is as follows:
    Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Intel 'Bad Axe' 975XBX2KR, 3GB RAM, 320GB WD SE16 HDD, nVidia 7300GT, Antec Sonata III Case

Any help would be greatly appreciated,
    Aaron Berning

Wilberforce, ON, Canada

Saturday, January 24, 2009 7:37 PM

Answers

All replies

• Aaron Berning said:

I have a Windows 7 System (64-bit) that runs perfectly (day to day, manual backups, etc.). The system will wake up at night for its backup, but the back up never happens. I assume that it never even starts the backup, as there has never been any errors or warnings in the morning (other than the connector telling me that a successful backup has not done in X amount of days).

This system hibernates overnight.

Two other XP Pro systems on the network are setup the same way and backup successfully overnight without issue.

This has always happened on this system. Up until now I have lived with the problem; I assumed it was something specific to my Vista install (32-bit), which I had other problems with. However I now have a pristine Windows 7 system which otherwise works perfectly, and would really like to get to the bottom of this problem.

I have a PP1 WHS that I built myself that runs without issue.
    Athlon X2 BE-2300, Asus M2A-VM, 2GB RAM, 2x500GB WD SE16 Drives, Antec NSK-2480 Case

My Windows 7 computer is as follows:
    Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Intel 'Bad Axe' 975XBX2KR, 3GB RAM, 320GB WD SE16 HDD, nVidia 7300GT, Antec Sonata III Case

Any help would be greatly appreciated,
    Aaron Berning

Wilberforce, ON, Canada

Hello Aaron,

Did you submit a bug for your Vista setup? If you did, can you provide me with the Feedback ID? If you did not, can you submit a bug on Connect with both client and server CABs?  You'll find information regarding how to submit the CABs here.  You will need to be registered on Connect and part of our program in order to see these links.

If this has always been a problem for you, we may need to take a look at your setup.

Thank you

Lara Jones [MSFT] | Program Manager
    Community Support and Beta | Windows Home Server Team
    Windows Home Server Team Blog
    Connect Windows Home Server
    Windows Home Server
    Saturday, January 24, 2009 8:05 PM
  • I  did not previously submit any bug reports, etc.

I have just signed up for Connect (Username: Berning) and have installed the Toolkit.

My WHS CAB Number is 567358416

My Windows 7 Client CAB Number is 567368752

I have submitted a bug report with the same info that is on this thread:

https://connect.microsoft.com/WindowsHomeServer/feedback/ViewFeedback.aspx?FeedbackID=405208

Sunday, January 25, 2009 3:08 PM