We need to configure the newly installed Windows 2008 Server so that 3-4 people can simultaneously login into the server and work on Adobe program.... RRS feed

• Question

• Hello, I have done several things and gone several ways inorder to make this work but I have not been able to get it working.
    We recently installed a windows 2008 server on a dell poweredge and we basically need this to be a file server, (not a web server), the purpose of the server is for some people to simultaneously access the server remotely and work on the programs on teh server.
    My question is that can this be achived if the server is a workgroup instead of Domain. Also, what am I doing wrong since I've already installed the remote desktop connection as required on the server 2008 and the computers (clients). The clients are running xp professional w/sp2.
    Can someone help me out by explaining what else I needed to do, thank you.
    Friday, August 7, 2009 7:58 PM

Answers

• Sorry, this is the Windows Home Server forum.
    Please ask in a more appropriate forum.

Martin
    LightsOut - Power Management for Windows Home Server http://www.home-server-blog.de/add-ins/lightsout/#en
    Friday, August 7, 2009 8:06 PM
  • Hello, I have done several things and gone several ways inorder to make this work but I have not been able to get it working.
    We recently installed a windows 2008 server on a dell poweredge and we basically need this to be a file server, (not a web server), the purpose of the server is for some people to simultaneously access the server remotely and work on the programs on teh server.
    My question is that can this be achived if the server is a workgroup instead of Domain. Also, what am I doing wrong since I've already installed the remote desktop connection as required on the server 2008 and the computers (clients). The clients are running xp professional w/sp2.

As Martin said, you should post in a different forum.  Please try the Windows Server forums instead.
    Friday, August 7, 2009 9:59 PM

All replies

• Sorry, this is the Windows Home Server forum.
    Please ask in a more appropriate forum.

Martin
    LightsOut - Power Management for Windows Home Server http://www.home-server-blog.de/add-ins/lightsout/#en
    Friday, August 7, 2009 8:06 PM

As Martin said, you should post in a different forum.  Please try the Windows Server forums instead.
    Friday, August 7, 2009 9:59 PM