none
Is Windows 10 good for doing projects?

Question

• I am running Windows 10 x64. I am going to do my first .NET project. So I want to know if  Windows 10 is good for doing projects or should I install Windows 7?
    Sunday, June 28, 2015 7:37 PM

Answers

• Use this forum to ask questions related to Windows 10. Remember, Windows 10 and Windows 10 SDK has not yet been released.

After that, .NET framework and Windows 10 applications are totally a different concept. .NET framework is a framework installed not only on Windows (since it is open-sourced and ready to be deployed on Linux, Mac, Ubuntu etc.) where as Windows 10 uses Windows Runtime APIs and a new platform for application development, Universal Application Platform

You need to first understand the difference between them. .NET apps require .NET framework in order to run, where as Windows 10 has the core APIs already set up and ready to be used for the applications. Uap applications require Windows 10 and Visual Studio 2015 for development, .NET apps can be developed using Visual Studio (any version) and Windows (any version). There are quite other IDEs that you can use now, since .NET Core is open-source. 

I hope that helps you out. :)

The sh*t I complain about It's like there ain't a cloud in the sky and it's raining out - Eminem

Sunday, June 28, 2015 7:49 PM
  • Since Windows 10 is not a complete operating system for now, will my project have any conflicts?

I'd ask that over here.

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10?tab=Threads

Regards, Dave Patrick ....
    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows]

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees , and confers no rights.

Monday, June 29, 2015 6:14 PM

All replies

• Without specifics we cannot answer you.  Care to tell us more?

Wanikiya and Dyami--Team Zigzag

Sunday, June 28, 2015 7:44 PM
  • Use this forum to ask questions related to Windows 10. Remember, Windows 10 and Windows 10 SDK has not yet been released.

After that, .NET framework and Windows 10 applications are totally a different concept. .NET framework is a framework installed not only on Windows (since it is open-sourced and ready to be deployed on Linux, Mac, Ubuntu etc.) where as Windows 10 uses Windows Runtime APIs and a new platform for application development, Universal Application Platform

You need to first understand the difference between them. .NET apps require .NET framework in order to run, where as Windows 10 has the core APIs already set up and ready to be used for the applications. Uap applications require Windows 10 and Visual Studio 2015 for development, .NET apps can be developed using Visual Studio (any version) and Windows (any version). There are quite other IDEs that you can use now, since .NET Core is open-source. 

I hope that helps you out. :)

The sh*t I complain about It's like there ain't a cloud in the sky and it's raining out - Eminem

Sunday, June 28, 2015 7:49 PM
  • It's still pre-release but try asking over here.

Microsoft MVP [Windows]

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees , and confers no rights.

Sunday, June 28, 2015 8:06 PM
  • Hello, Windows 10 (x64) runs better than Windows 7 x (x64) .. So I'm pretty sure that Windows 10 (x64) will do a better job :) If you try, you will not go wrong :)

Regards

Monday, June 29, 2015 1:41 AM
  • Since Windows 10 is not a complete operating system for now, will my project have any conflicts?
    Monday, June 29, 2015 5:39 PM

I'd ask that over here.

Microsoft MVP [Windows]

Monday, June 29, 2015 6:14 PM