none
Send and receive data from Arduino to SerialPort RRS feed

• Question

• Hey guys!

So, I am trying to develop a project with a friend which basically consists in a keypad 4x4 matrix connected to an Arduino
    where some people are able to open a door using their own pin number. My friend is developing the electronic part and I will develop the software using c# programming language. 

The software will only be able to send and receive data from/to the Arduino. The users are created and written trough the Arduino interface and then my software will send that information to a database with some fields(Name, Date/Time, Open or Close). Example: Michael - 24/10/2016 12:19:23 - Opened or Closed.

What I wanna know is how my application will react after user type his pin and click "enter" to open the door if the pin is the correct one. Being able to create a Windows Service where it will record the data and send it to a database.

I would like to know if you guys have any kind of help.

Thanks and have a great day.
    Monday, October 24, 2016 4:05 PM

All replies

• Hi RekcsGaming,

Since your problem is more related to Arduino, you could post a new thread in Arduino Forum for suitable support. I will move it to off-topic.

The Visual C# forum discuss and ask questions about the C# programming language, IDE, libraries, samples, and tools.

If you have some grammar or code errors, please feel free to contact us. We will try our best to give you a solution.

Thanks for your understanding and cooperation.

Best Regards,

Wendy

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, October 25, 2016 3:10 PM