none
Connecting to Skype for business online via PowerShell can't GetAccessToken RRS feed

• Question

• I'm trying to connect to an office 365 account skype for business online via power shell. The tenant is provided by GoDaddy. I get this error.

Get-CsAccessToken : accessing_ws_metadata_exchange_failed: Accessing WS metadata exchange failed
    En C:\Program Files\Common Files\Skype for Business
    Online\Modules\SkypeOnlineConnector\SkypeOnlineConnectorStartup.psm1: 128 Carácter: 22
    + ... cessToken = Get-CsAccessToken -UserName $UserName -TargetUri $targetU ...
    +                 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        + CategoryInfo          : NotSpecified: (:) [Get-CsAccessToken], AdalServiceException
        + FullyQualifiedErrorId : Microsoft.IdentityModel.Clients.ActiveDirectory.AdalServiceException,Microsoft.Rtc.Manag
       ement.OnlineConnector.GetAccessToken

Saturday, June 2, 2018 12:08 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hi martinlarosa,

Do you enable modern auth on the Online side?
    Please try to use the latest module for Skype for Business Online:
    https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=39366
    You could refer to this link for more detailed information:
    https://blogs.perficient.com/2017/10/03/skype-for-business-online-enabling-mfa-for-powershell-sessions/

Note: This response contains a reference to a third party World Wide Web site. Microsoft can make no representation concerning the content of these sites. Microsoft is providing this information only as a convenience to you: this is to inform you that Microsoft has not tested any software or information found on these sites and therefore cannot make any representations regarding the quality, safety, or suitability of any software or information found there. There are inherent dangers in the use of any software found on the Internet, and Microsoft cautions you to make sure that you completely understand the risk before retrieving any software on the Internet.

Regards,

Shaw Lu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

• Proposed as answer by Shaw_Lu Friday, June 8, 2018 9:56 AM
    Monday, June 4, 2018 5:53 AM
  • Hi, 

Have a nice day!

Is there any update on this case?

Please feel free to drop us a note if there is anything other we can help you.

Regards,

Shaw Lu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Monday, June 11, 2018 8:52 AM
  • Hi,

I am writing to see if this issue has any update. Also, for the problem, is there any other assistance we could provide?

Regards,

Shaw Lu

Thursday, July 5, 2018 9:02 AM
  • Hi,<o:p></o:p>

<o:p></o:p>

Are there any update for this issue, if the reply is helpful to you, please try to mark it as an answer, it will help others who has similar issue.

<o:p></o:p>

Regards,

Shaw Lu

Monday, July 9, 2018 1:50 AM
  • If further assistance is needed, I would ask here:

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/ie/en-US/home?forum=sfbfr

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/skype/forum

Richard Mueller - MVP Enterprise Mobility (Identity and Access)

Wednesday, July 11, 2018 12:04 PM
  • I'm sorry I was away. 

How I fixed it is I cut the command to something that would prompt me to enter the credentials, not just the password. With that I got the microsoft login where I was able to enter my user email and password and I was able to log in.

Appending .onmicrosoft.com at the end of the email didn't work

Wednesday, July 18, 2018 3:06 PM