none
PIN Fails for UWP Deployment via USB RRS feed

• Question

• I deploy builds of my UWP app to the HoloLens via USB because the company I work for blocks the device from our development WiFi network. On my old machine I entered a PIN and this worked fine. On the replacement machine I received yesterday Visual Studio refuses to deploy with the message "The PIN you have entered failed to pair to the device with IP address 127.0.0.1." Tried multiple PINs, multiple times. Our IT department has disabled many OS features via group policy, and since this worked before I suspect that the problem is due to an unconventional configuration of the dev PC. I can access the Developer Portal at 127.0.0.1:10080, and I can sideload the app via the portal. Does anyone have any idea what could be disabled in Windows 10 that would prevent deployment from Visual Studio via USB? I'm running Windows 10 Creator's Update, Visual Studio 15.3.3 with all updates, and the HoloLens is updated. Thanks!
    Thursday, September 7, 2017 12:17 PM

Answers

• I stumbled on a solution. The WinAppDeployCmd command line tool takes a -pin argument, and once set that way Visual Studio can successfully deploy.
    • Marked as answer by madeup Thursday, September 7, 2017 1:32 PM
    Thursday, September 7, 2017 1:32 PM

All replies

• I stumbled on a solution. The WinAppDeployCmd command line tool takes a -pin argument, and once set that way Visual Studio can successfully deploy.
    • Marked as answer by madeup Thursday, September 7, 2017 1:32 PM
    Thursday, September 7, 2017 1:32 PM
  • I'm glad to hear you got this working. For future help with HoloLens development please post in the Mixed Reality forums at http://forums.hololens.com
    Thursday, September 7, 2017 5:44 PM