CRM 2013 upgrade failed RRS feed

• Question

• Hello, I want to upgrade a CRM 2011 on premises instance to CRM 2013.

Unfortunately it fails every time even if on the setup I select to just install CRM 2013 and upgrade later.

Error message: Action Microsoft.Crm.Setup.Server.InstallConfigDatabase action failed.
    Cannot drop the table 'SiteLockProperties', because it does not exist or you do not have permissions.

Indeed, SiteLockProperties does not exist in SQL !!

Guillaume_R

Friday, January 31, 2014 8:49 AM

All replies

• Install the latest rollup for CRM 2011 before you attempt to upgrade CRM 2011 to CRM 2013.

You should also make sure that the account you are using has full permission on the databases.  Both the org and config databases.

Jason Peterson

Friday, January 31, 2014 1:42 PM
  • Hello,

Thank you for your reply.

I applied the latest rollup (RU15) for CRM 2011, but I still have the same error.

Guillaume_R
    • Edited by Guillaume_R Monday, February 3, 2014 9:51 AM
    Monday, February 3, 2014 9:51 AM
  • The latest UR for CRM 2011 is UR16.

Did you used any CRM Addon(like CRM 2011 Addon for web portals) that created new DB tables?

Monday, February 3, 2014 10:05 AM
  • I installed rollup 16, but I still have the problem.
    Also, I don't use any CRM addon.

What is surprising is that the table "SiteLockProperties" does not exist!

Guillaume_R

Monday, February 3, 2014 3:17 PM
  • When I create the table "SiteLockProperties" in MSCRM_CONFIG, setup goes to the next step, but now I have this error :

16:43:39|  Error| Install exception.System.Exception: Échec de l’action Microsoft.Crm.Setup.Server.InstallConfigDatabaseAction. ---> System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: Syntaxe incorrecte vers 'MERGE'.
    Syntaxe incorrecte vers le mot clé 'AS'.
    Syntaxe incorrecte vers 'D'.
    Syntaxe incorrecte vers ')'.

Guillaume_R

Monday, February 3, 2014 4:35 PM
  • Don't think creating an empty table could resolve such an issue...

Why not try to install a fresh deployment and then import the organization from 2011 to 2013?

Thursday, February 6, 2014 1:36 PM