none
70-502 as my first MS Certification RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I'm new to Microsoft certifications. As I'm a User Experience Designer, I want to take WPF certification. Can I take 70-502 as my first exam? If yes, what is the credential awarded, is it MCP/MCTS/Other?

Thanks in advance.

Sunday, June 20, 2010 6:38 AM

Answers

• Hi Balu ,

Yes you can take 70-502 exam directly and there is no issue in it also you will get MCP and MCTS credentials after passing this exam.

Regards.

Shafaquat Ali.

M.C.I.T.P Exchange 2007 M.C.I.T.P Windows Server 2008 M.C.T.S OCS Server 2007 R2
    Sunday, June 20, 2010 6:55 AM
  • Hi Balu

Shafaquat is right in a sense that you will be able to take 70-502 as your first exam but by itself this exam doesn't get you any certification. Only thing you will get is called Microsoft member site access (Previously known as MCP member site access). Microsoft no longer have the certification MCP which most people used to have after passing their first exam and to get MCTS you need to pass 70-536 Exam before or after you pass 70-502.

I hope this answers your question.

Rubel Khan - MY BLOG!
    If your question was truly answered, please mark it as Answered and Vote as helpful. Thank you in advance.
    Thursday, July 8, 2010 12:04 PM

All replies

• Hi Balu ,

Yes you can take 70-502 exam directly and there is no issue in it also you will get MCP and MCTS credentials after passing this exam.

Regards.

Shafaquat Ali.

M.C.I.T.P Exchange 2007 M.C.I.T.P Windows Server 2008 M.C.T.S OCS Server 2007 R2
    Sunday, June 20, 2010 6:55 AM
  • Hi Balu

Shafaquat is right in a sense that you will be able to take 70-502 as your first exam but by itself this exam doesn't get you any certification. Only thing you will get is called Microsoft member site access (Previously known as MCP member site access). Microsoft no longer have the certification MCP which most people used to have after passing their first exam and to get MCTS you need to pass 70-536 Exam before or after you pass 70-502.

I hope this answers your question.

Rubel Khan - MY BLOG!
    If your question was truly answered, please mark it as Answered and Vote as helpful. Thank you in advance.
    Thursday, July 8, 2010 12:04 PM