Detect who moved a Queue Item to another Queue RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

I would like to make a workflow the sends an email notification after a Queue Item is Added to some ones Queue. Here is an example of what im looking at doing. Queue Item1 is in User1's Queue.  User3 moves(Adds to Queue) to User2s Queue. Is there same way i can detect who moved Queue Item1, so i can create a Workflow that creates an email where the sender=User3 and Recipient=User2.  To make it more difficult User4 is the owner of Queue Item1

Im hoping there is some way to detect who added a Queue Item to someone else Queue.

thanks again,

Fulton.

Have a good day, Fulton.

Thursday, June 28, 2012 7:21 AM

Answers

• Use {User(Modified By (User))}as the Sender for the email.
    • Edited by Fultz Friday, June 29, 2012 3:04 AM
    • Marked as answer by Fultz Friday, June 29, 2012 3:04 AM
    Friday, June 29, 2012 3:03 AM

All replies

• Can you try creating a workflow being triggered on assign event? Add a field on the items being placed in the queue which is populated with the name of the previous item owner. When a re-assign is performed the workflow populates the field and sends an email to the user you wanted ?

Martin

Thursday, June 28, 2012 12:14 PM
  • Hi Martin, from what I understand Assigning and Add to Queue do 2 different things.

Assigning: You give the ownership of an item to someone else.

Add to Queue: The owner remains the same, but the item is added to a Queue.

I'm almost sure this correct.

Have a good day, Fulton.

Thursday, June 28, 2012 1:39 PM
  • HI Fultz, you are right. Apologies! I though you were talking about the ownership...I am not sure then. Will leave this to the CRM dev experts as I don't think it could be done with a workflow.

Regards

Martin

Thursday, June 28, 2012 1:51 PM
  • I guess better way to achieve this using Plug in, so create post update plug in against queue item and have two images Pre and Post registers as well..

preImage will give all details before chnages applied and post image will give you new owner details..and then in plug you can send email using above all details to notify relevant users..

MayankP
    My Blog
    Follow Me on Twitter

Thursday, June 28, 2012 2:27 PM
    Answerer
  • Hi MayankP, What detaild would the PreImage and post image give exactly?

Is there a way I could put the current Queue owner in a variable called storedOwner so when i create an email in a workflow i can have the storedOwner variable put into the From: field of the email being created?

Have a good day, Fulton.

Thursday, June 28, 2012 11:19 PM
  • If I enabled Auditing for Queue Item Events, would I be able to retrieve the User that moved a Queue Item from User1 Queue to User2 Queue?

Have a good day, Fulton.

Friday, June 29, 2012 1:05 AM
  • Use {User(Modified By (User))}as the Sender for the email.
    • Edited by Fultz Friday, June 29, 2012 3:04 AM
    • Marked as answer by Fultz Friday, June 29, 2012 3:04 AM
    Friday, June 29, 2012 3:03 AM