One way sync with other data source RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have a transactional database which is a XML Database called MarkLogic and i want to sync this transaction data to a reporting database which happens to be SQL Server. My scenario is

SQL Server is a read only data and does not change and hence i dont need change tracking there.

To enable change tracking at marklogic level i am planning to write my own matadatastore and service and whenever data gets modified in marklogic, i can save the metadata at whatever location i want to.

Then I am planning to develop a custom standard sync provider to get data from marklogic and sync it with SQL server with SQL Provider at the other end.

I  have following questions

- If i have one way sync.. do we need to have change tracking on SQL Server side (as its only a read database)

- Can i store the metadata when changes on Marklogic are happening to another SQL database or some custom store

- If i want to schdule the sync everyday at a specific time - what are the options available?

- Do we have sample somewhere where we do only one way sync?

Your response is greatly appreciated.. any ideas on this will help me to decide on my architecture

Thanks

Badal

bkk
    Wednesday, July 14, 2010 12:42 PM