none
Windows 7 upgrade activation RRS feed

• Question

• I bought my E Machine two years ago when I began online classes. It came with Windows Vista already installed and no discs included with the system. I was to take a program on Linux Fedora for one of my classes and mistakenly installed the OS on my computer. Obviously now, I didn’t understand no,r could I reach technical support to ask questions. As a result I mistakenly wiped out my entire system and the Fedora Linux program was installed on my computer, completely obliterating any other OS.

I contacted E Machine and was sent a set of discs that were supposed to reset the system back to factory settings. I paid for and received the discs. I spoke with several techs and couldn’t get the second or third disc to load completely. The second disc loads to 98% and says “Please wait while files load… Now copying Z:\POPO1I2GO4E59C0110.SWN “and stalls at this point. Gave the system several hours and didn’t finish loading. I was instructed by a tech at the school that I could purchase a Windows 7 Professional from student discount site and did so. I installed it and was able to get my computer to work to catch up after 4 weeks without a computer because I couldn’t get the system to work.

My E Machine is out of warranty period and I am unemployed with -0- income so am burdened now because my machine is saying that Windows 7 was an upgrade and asks for a license key. However my disc didn’t come with the traditional 25 digit code the code that was installed on my original system was Product Key for  Windows Vista Premium

E Machine ( NUMBERS BLOCKED FOR SECURITY REASONS)

SNID

Serial Number

On the Windows 7 Professional I received the only code on it was XXXXXXXXXX and the error I get was Product Key can only be used for upgrading, not clean install. I contacted E machine by email and was sent a second set of (3) discs supposedly to reset the computer back to factory settings, at which time I could then used my Windows 7 Professional Upgrade to upgrade my system.

These second set of discs proceeded to do the same thing load up to 98% with the same error message, stalling and shutting down.

Yes…I did the clean install

Yes I did the partition as instructed …

I would appreciate any suggestions as to what I can do to get my machine back up and running properly? I no longer have Windows Vista on this system and I suppose this is the reason I am unable to upgrade to the Windows 7 Professional OS. I am taking classes on computers so this has been a learning experience…lol…but am so anxious to get my computer back up and running properly and the warnings that I may have an illegal copy and no updates can be done.

Bizzyazab1213@yahoo.com

Friday, November 19, 2010 7:02 PM

Answers

• "bizzyazab1213" wrote in message news:4907f94f-a7e7-443c-9f2d-498f85e65af9...

I bought my E Machine two years ago when I began online classes. It came with Windows Vista already installed and no discs included with the system. I was to take a program on Linux Fedora for one of my classes and mistakenly installed the OS on my computer. Obviously now, I didn’t understand no,r could I reach technical support to ask questions. As a result I mistakenly wiped out my entire system and the Fedora Linux program was installed on my computer, completely obliterating any other OS.

You should be able to get Win 7 installed, since you have a valid OEM License for Vista, you can try one of the options on this site.....

(please remove your email address, unless you want to get spammed to death!)

--

Noel Paton | Nil Carborundum Illegitemi | CrashFixPC | The Three-toed Sloth
    • Marked as answer by Darin Smith MS Tuesday, November 23, 2010 7:29 PM
    Friday, November 19, 2010 7:13 PM