CRM 2013 Address Composite Fields RRS feed

• Question

• In CRM 2013/4.0, By default we have 2 type of address fields (Address1/Address2) into Account entity form.

Those address fields get stored into Special AccountAddressBase table rather than AccountBase table.

Is there any way we can add new Address3 address type associated with account and have treated same Native address fields and get stored into AccountAddressBase table??

What i mean is, is there any easy way we can add new address type into Account Entity??? 

Thanks,

Nick

Tuesday, May 27, 2014 8:37 PM

Answers

• Hello Nick,

Unfortunately for you there is no supported way to implement your requirement.

One thing I see possible is following:

1. Add custom address fields to account.

2. Develop plugin that will handle both update of this fields on account level and on customeraddress level entities and synchronize values.

Dynamics CRM MVP/ Technical Evangelist at SlickData LLC
    My blog

• Marked as answer by Nicksoft2011 Friday, June 20, 2014 10:06 PM
    Tuesday, May 27, 2014 8:41 PM
  • I would recommend using the Address entity for the same as it will have all the functionality that you would expect out of an address. Example, validations, etc. 
    Wednesday, May 28, 2014 6:42 PM
  • Andrii and Ahmad , thanks for your feedback on this.

The reason we want to use custom fields, is we want to control number of addresses any one can assigned to customer/contacts, because it will be hard to maintain later on. Also we had a requirement to display address as fields not grid. so we end up creating custom fields, but same time, we need to have those custom fields be treated as Address1 & Address2.

Any thing that you guys recommend??

Wednesday, May 28, 2014 6:50 PM
  • I've already suggested possible approach and I can't add anything.

My blog

Wednesday, May 28, 2014 8:00 PM
  • Composite fields are limited to Address 1 and Address 2. What you can do to limit the number of addresses added, is create a plugin that monitors the number of addresses are added per contact or account. Also, you can customize the view to display fields you want.
    Wednesday, May 28, 2014 8:28 PM

All replies

• Hello Nick,

Unfortunately for you there is no supported way to implement your requirement.

One thing I see possible is following:

1. Add custom address fields to account.

2. Develop plugin that will handle both update of this fields on account level and on customeraddress level entities and synchronize values.

My blog

Tuesday, May 27, 2014 8:41 PM
  • I would recommend using the Address entity for the same as it will have all the functionality that you would expect out of an address. Example, validations, etc. 
    Wednesday, May 28, 2014 6:42 PM
  • Andrii and Ahmad , thanks for your feedback on this.

The reason we want to use custom fields, is we want to control number of addresses any one can assigned to customer/contacts, because it will be hard to maintain later on. Also we had a requirement to display address as fields not grid. so we end up creating custom fields, but same time, we need to have those custom fields be treated as Address1 & Address2.

Any thing that you guys recommend??

Wednesday, May 28, 2014 6:50 PM
  • I've already suggested possible approach and I can't add anything.

My blog

Wednesday, May 28, 2014 8:00 PM
  • Composite fields are limited to Address 1 and Address 2. What you can do to limit the number of addresses added, is create a plugin that monitors the number of addresses are added per contact or account. Also, you can customize the view to display fields you want.
    Wednesday, May 28, 2014 8:28 PM