Is there any existing implementation of IEEE 802.11 AP implementation? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi. My name is Gunhee Lee. 

I have to study SORA and make a working Access Point of IEEE 802.11a or 802.11b. 

I read SORA SDK 1.5 manual, but I'm clueless. 

Could you point me to more study material or tutorials, other than SDK 1.5 reference manual? 

In addition, I installed softWiFi driver (SDR Miniport) but I don't know how to use this driver at all. Is there any documentation of using softWiFi sample driver? 

And if there is a example of implemented source of IEEE 802.11 AP using MS SORA, I can study a lot. Please give me any hints or links. 

Thanks in advance.

Sunday, March 4, 2012 2:15 PM

Answers

• As the same suggestion by hgfhgfhgf, a possible way is to contact Sora OEM vendor. They can answer some basic questions. Sora (or more general, software radio) is a complicated system which requires much background knowledge. It's all possible you have no sense of the system at the beginning. Be patient and active, when you figure out the exact questions you have, you will be able to quickly get the system work and have fun on it.

Regarding the AP mode question, we haven't put much effort to implement AP mode in softwifi sample code because it should not be difficult. It should be straightforward when you know Sora system and the softwifi implementation well enough.

-Jiansong

Saturday, March 10, 2012 4:20 PM

All replies

• The most efficient way for solving your problem is to contact Sora's OEM vendor. They can provide you more information and service.
    health article
    Monday, March 5, 2012 5:29 AM
  • As the same suggestion by hgfhgfhgf, a possible way is to contact Sora OEM vendor. They can answer some basic questions. Sora (or more general, software radio) is a complicated system which requires much background knowledge. It's all possible you have no sense of the system at the beginning. Be patient and active, when you figure out the exact questions you have, you will be able to quickly get the system work and have fun on it.

Regarding the AP mode question, we haven't put much effort to implement AP mode in softwifi sample code because it should not be difficult. It should be straightforward when you know Sora system and the softwifi implementation well enough.

-Jiansong

Saturday, March 10, 2012 4:20 PM