Newbie and 1st 20GB Partition is already full RRS feed

• Question

• I am a newbie, Is there anyway I can increase my 1st partition from 20GB is already full. I only installed programs that will read my 2nd partition folders
    Saturday, July 24, 2010 11:17 PM

Answers

• No, there's no supported way to resize your system partition. May I ask how you managed to fill it up? By design, you should never need to use the server's desktop except when your server is experiencing an issue. This would mean that you wouldn't be installing lots of software using the desktop and (presumably) your system drive wouldn't fill up.
    I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)
    • Marked as answer by Giss68 Monday, July 26, 2010 12:01 AM
    Sunday, July 25, 2010 3:54 AM

All replies

• No, there's no supported way to resize your system partition. May I ask how you managed to fill it up? By design, you should never need to use the server's desktop except when your server is experiencing an issue. This would mean that you wouldn't be installing lots of software using the desktop and (presumably) your system drive wouldn't fill up.
    I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)
    • Marked as answer by Giss68 Monday, July 26, 2010 12:01 AM
    Sunday, July 25, 2010 3:54 AM
  • I only installed programs that will read my 2nd partition folders

Programs on WHS??? It's not for installing programs. Otherwise you've choosen the wrong product.
    Wondering what programs we're talking about here and why you need them installed.

"Giss68" wrote in message news:4926d710-776b-4ace-8a2e-804109dd8de6@communitybridge.codeplex.com...

I am a newbie, Is there anyway I can increase my 1st partition from 20GB is already full. I only installed programs that will read my 2nd partition folders

Have a nice day!
    Sunday, July 25, 2010 6:45 AM
  • I only installed sharepoint, Mssqlserver08 enterprise and adobe pro 9.3 my files on 2 partition cannot be opened?

any advice

Monday, July 26, 2010 12:04 AM
  • . > any advice

None.  WHS is not designed for installing applications and the 20 GB is hardcoded.
    You just did choose the product that doesn't meet your needs.

"Giss68" wrote in message news:9365f31e-f7c0-4126-b5f3-43cbed3eab9d@communitybridge.codeplex.com...

I only installed sharepoint, Mssqlserver08 enterprise and adobe pro 9.3 my files on 2 partition cannot be opened?

any advice

Have a nice day!
    Monday, July 26, 2010 6:33 AM