none
Azure Certification vs. MCSE Private Cloud Certification

Question

• I need an opinion as to whether the MCSE Private Cloud Certification is still viable with Microsoft's emphasis on Azure.  Is the private cloud certification still marketable.  Am I smarter to get the Azure certifications?  Thanks for your help.

Michael T. Glenn

Michael T. Glenn

Tuesday, March 29, 2016 6:39 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Private cloud is still very valid but this exam is getting out dated, it based on the 1st version of the Private cloud (System Center, Hyper-V) and does not included the Windows Azure Pack changes from the last 2 years.

Danny

Thursday, April 7, 2016 12:30 PM
  • Hi, Michael.

I suspect that the Private Cloud MCSE certification would be a better fit for you if you have a networking and implementation background.

The Azure title is an MCSD title and will include a lot more developer topics.

Many companies will continue to create and host their own private cloud solutions.

Microsoft has no plans to retire either certifications.

Good luck!

Best wishes, Davin Mickelson

Tuesday, March 29, 2016 8:11 PM
    Answerer

All replies

• Hi, Michael.

I suspect that the Private Cloud MCSE certification would be a better fit for you if you have a networking and implementation background.

The Azure title is an MCSD title and will include a lot more developer topics.

Many companies will continue to create and host their own private cloud solutions.

Microsoft has no plans to retire either certifications.

Good luck!

Best wishes, Davin Mickelson

Tuesday, March 29, 2016 8:11 PM
    Answerer
  • Hi,

Private cloud is still very valid but this exam is getting out dated, it based on the 1st version of the Private cloud (System Center, Hyper-V) and does not included the Windows Azure Pack changes from the last 2 years.

Danny

Thursday, April 7, 2016 12:30 PM