Standard Edition OCS Server/Consolidated Edge Server - Cannot connect external to Live Meeting RRS feed

• Question

•  

Here is our scenario:

OCS 2007 Standard Edition

OCS 2007 Consolidated Edge Server

Problem: I cannot connect externally to a Live Meeting.

I have a few questions...

I can setup my Live Meeting 2007 externally and put in my AD info and it displays," Your Live Meeting login information was successfully verified." But I am still not able to connect to the meeting. What am I missing?

When I send the request in Outlook 2007 via the Live Meeting addin, it puts the link in the body of the message asking me to Join the Meeting. When an external user gets this email, will the same link work for them to join the meeting? Do they need a different link? Do I need to configure something else for the email that is sent out?

Thanks in advance for any help towards the resolution,

Hancor

Thursday, April 24, 2008 8:42 PM

All replies

•  

That's are large question.  When you test your connection, all it is doing is verifying that ports are open for authentication and it tests your credentials.  You do not have any description of how you have your setup configured.

Look / Post your pwconsole-debug file - most of the time alot of the answers are in there.  It is located in your %temp% directory.

Can your internal users connect to a Web Conference?

Yes the email link "Join Meeting" will work for external users as long as you allow anonymous users to connect.

Geoff

Sunday, April 27, 2008 12:55 AM
  •  

I was not able to find a pwconsole debug file.

Internal Web Conference works great!

Anything else I can tell you to help get you more information?

Thanks in advance.

Monday, April 28, 2008 3:46 PM
  • Hi,

Sometimes you see this happen when you've forgotten to configure the front-end web conferencing server to point at the edge server's web conferencing service/port number

in the front-end server console, right-click on the "web conferencing" container, select properties & choose the "web conferencing edge server" tab. make sure that your edge server (internal and external FQDN) & port number are specified. This is for Enterprise edition... something similar applies to Standard.

Also, make sure that you can telnet to your webconf server from the outside on port 443.

Regards,

Matt

Monday, April 28, 2008 9:28 PM
  • I do have it configured on the front-end server to point to the edge server with port number.

I cannot connect via telnet to the server on port 443. Something else I should mention. I am using the same ip address on the same NIC for all my services. Do I really have to have a separate NIC for each service even though they all use a different port. I am running this via a VMware server. Standard server and Edge server are both virtual. My Edge server is in the DMZ and it is not joined to the domain.

Tuesday, April 29, 2008 5:56 PM
  • Did you ever get the answer to this?  I am having a similar issue.  I can connect internally, I can connect as a user with credentials externally, provided I set up the user account options.  However, I cannot connect anonymously.

Any help woudl be apreciated

Friday, June 27, 2008 4:20 PM
  • I did get it working. If you can connect externally as a OCS user, then it should be working for anonymous users as well. Are you verifying in your invitation in Outlook, that it is set under access to allow anonymous? Also, check and make sure on OCS, that you have it set to allow users to invite anonymous users. That's really all I believe it is. Let me know.
    Monday, June 30, 2008 2:27 PM
  • Unfortunately all of those settings are in place...

I did find an article that talked about a subject laternative in the certificate set to sip.domainname.com is that something you had already setup.  I failed to include that originally and Network Solutions does not support it.  Not sure how I am going to fix it.

Monday, June 30, 2008 3:22 PM
  •  

Sorry none of that helped. We don't have an alt name setup at this time and it is working. If someone external connects, we just have them type in the external server address in the ext and int address and it works. We are waiting for the cert to be reconfigured by Verisign for it to have the alt name of sip.xxxxx.com. Let me think about it and I will post something if I come across what I think might could be it. Does everything work except external anonymous users? What services are you running? All? A/V? Access and Web Conferencing?
    Monday, June 30, 2008 3:33 PM
  • I am running IM and web conferencing witha  reverse proxy in place.  the IM piece works with LCS.domainname.com and when I schedule a meeting with Internal users that have the Communications client setup everythign works fine externally.  Internallly there are no issues.  Conferencing works for IM and application sharing.  There are no errors on the Edge server or the Interal OCS server.  The other DNS entry I have is web.domainname.com but it doesnt seem to apply anywhere, meaning I dont use it for anything other than the original setup.

Monday, June 30, 2008 3:57 PM