locked
When trying to create a new organisation CRM 2013 RRS feed

  • Question

  • All Microsoft Dynamics CRM servers that have the AsyncService server role are disabled

    I get ^ this message.
    • Edited by KKHAN1991 Wednesday, January 29, 2014 6:50 PM
    Wednesday, January 29, 2014 6:50 PM

All replies

  • Hi,

    could you check 2 thing:

    1. In CRM Deployment Management under "Servers" there should be an active server with role "full server" or "backend"

    2. Check if the service "Microsoft Dynamics CRM Asynchronous Processing Service" is running on the machine.

    best regards

    steve


    Steve Sämmang, Vienna, Austria
    Blog: xrm.io Website: simplic.at

    Wednesday, January 29, 2014 7:25 PM
  • Yes there is a server with a role "Full Server"

    And Yes i have service running automatically called "Microsoft Dynamics CRM Asynchronous Processing Service"

    I have a message on Deployment manger saying. The following server roles are missing from this deployment: Full server

    but when i got to my server i have the roles there.

    • Edited by KKHAN1991 Wednesday, January 29, 2014 8:06 PM
    Wednesday, January 29, 2014 8:04 PM
  • Look in the registry to see what shows up there.

    Path:  hkey_local_machine\software\Microsoft\mscrm

    Make note of the values in the RoleNames and Roles keys.

    For a full server, the roleNames key should be:

    WebApplicationServer,DiscoveryWebService,DeploymentWebService,OrganizationWebService,HelpServer,DeploymentTools,SandboxProcessingService,AsynchronousProcessingService,EmailConnector,VssWriterService

    The Roles key should have the following decimal number:  1696890891

    Open the SQL server and go to the dbo.Server table on the config_mscrm.  Find the roles column.  This number should match the decimal number you found in the registry in the previous steps.

    These values represent a full server in the eyes of CRM.

    If you are not seeing these, then something has happened such as a config database changed or restored or even the CRM server somehow being restored/overwritten to a version of CRM that did not have all roles installed.  If this is the case, the fastest fix is to simply backup the <org>_mscrm database(s), uninstall CRM (because if CRM is confused about it's roles, a repair may not work), delete the config_mscrm and do a new install of CRM, and import the organization if it is not automatically imported during the install.

    I have seen something like this happen in CRM 4.0 where the user couldn't understand why his workflows were not running, there were no errors and he insisted that CRM was a full server.  I found that once we checked the registry and the config database, it was not consistent and that the backend server roles did not exist.  Best guess is that somehow someone restored a backup of CRM where only the front end roles existed.


    Jason Peterson

    Thursday, January 30, 2014 2:08 PM