Change in number format, exporting files and tax question RRS feed

• Question

• I have three questions:

1. I'm frustrated with a recent change in my MS Money 99 program. The number format changed. In the past I used the decimal point before entering cents. Now it does not accept the point. Any advice?

2. When I export files and import them into Excel for further analysis, the data is not "live" anymore. In the past I could use the figures to do calculations.

3. I want to use Money for my small business. Does it support tax reporting? I want to enter transactions and mark them for VAT (value added tax) in order to generate the monthly tax report. If possible, how do I do it.

Thanks in advance for your assistance.

Monday, April 17, 2017 3:50 PM

All replies

• Microsoft has not issued updates for any version of Money in years, so you must have made some other changes to your system.

1 - Money should use you standard thousand separator and decimal point.  Has that changed recently?

2 - My version of Money 99 has only one export option for reports, tab-delimited text.  How are you exporting the data directly to Excel?

3 - Which version of Money 99 are you using?  My US version doesn't know from VAT.

Friday, May 5, 2017 2:50 PM
  • 1. Money uses the Windows system formats. If the system format has changed, intentionally or not, reset it to the format you want.

2. Only Ultrasoft Moneylink supported live data. If Moneylink has been damaged or will no longer function after a recent system update you can either repair or reinstall Moneylink or revert to an earlier restore point. Moneylink is unlikely to work with recent versions of Excel.

3. There were Business versions of Money: those supported VAT. The last UK Business version was a version of Money 2002.

Friday, May 5, 2017 10:34 PM
  • 1. I have the same problem with Money 2003. I changed the decimal separator from , to . in Windows (10). Excel now uses the dot, but Money still uses the comma!
    Tuesday, June 5, 2018 5:35 PM
  • There is a "digit grouping symbol" for numbers and a digit grouping symbol for currency. Be sure you change them both.
    Tuesday, June 5, 2018 5:50 PM