none
auto restart after power failure

Question

• how do I setup, auto restart after power failure using windows 7
    • Moved by Aland Li Friday, January 29, 2010 10:15 AM Incorrect forum (From:Windows Forms General)
    Monday, January 25, 2010 12:42 AM

Answers

• Hi bkuptom,

Based on my understanding, your requirement is that the computer should restart automatically after it gets power again. Your computer might be shut down while it lost the power, so you want it to start automatically while the power comes back.

I had a computer before which had such a function if the network is connected. The function is provided by the mother board, it can be configured in the bios. You can check the mother board and bios of your computer to see if it supports such function.

You can ask questions about Windows 7 in one of the forums below:
    http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en/category/w7itpro/
    There are more experts about Windows 7 there.

Let me know if this does not help.
    Aland Li
    Please mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark if they don't. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    • Marked as answer by bkuptom Wednesday, January 27, 2010 11:16 PM
    Wednesday, January 27, 2010 6:58 AM

All replies

• Hi bkuptom,

Based on my understanding, your requirement is that the computer should restart automatically after it gets power again. Your computer might be shut down while it lost the power, so you want it to start automatically while the power comes back.

I had a computer before which had such a function if the network is connected. The function is provided by the mother board, it can be configured in the bios. You can check the mother board and bios of your computer to see if it supports such function.

You can ask questions about Windows 7 in one of the forums below:
    http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en/category/w7itpro/
    There are more experts about Windows 7 there.

Let me know if this does not help.
    Aland Li
    Please mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark if they don't. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    • Marked as answer by bkuptom Wednesday, January 27, 2010 11:16 PM
    Wednesday, January 27, 2010 6:58 AM
  • Hi bkuptom,

I will move the thread to the 'Off-Topic' focum, since the issue is not related to the current forum.

Regards,
    Aland Li
    Friday, January 29, 2010 10:14 AM