locked
Top 10 ranks in Forums - May-2007 RRS feed

  • Question

  • Last month i started a similar thread for the persons who got 1000 points for the forum activities.
    Unfortunately we found only 5-6 of those who got 1000 points. I hope this time people who are in top 10 should reveal themselves.

    Ok here it goes.

    I am one of the top ten in forums
    9 more to go.
    Friday, June 1, 2007 7:04 AM

Answers

  • Am one among the top 10 in forums..

    8 more to come...

    Friday, June 1, 2007 9:47 AM
  • @ Harshil congrats friend,

     

    @ Raghuram my best wishes and congrajulations man.

     

    @ For all the Remaining 8 Person.

     

       MY Best wishes to you ALL.

    Friday, June 1, 2007 10:01 AM
  • @ Fredrick - Thanks for the wishes..

    As to your question regarding how to score more in forums, post more messages man.. The top 10 and top 100 are chosen based on the number of posts in a month...

    Friday, June 1, 2007 10:13 AM
  • Yup, I got 1K+ for the forums,

    now 7 more people left...
    Friday, June 1, 2007 11:00 AM
  • my points are still not credited for forums participation.
    not even registration points.
    however, this site shows my rank is 11.

    what should i do?
    Friday, June 1, 2007 11:25 AM
  • my points for the forums have nt yet updated. still its showing 0. when it could be updated???? and also for webcast its 0.

     

    plz help me out guys.

     

    Bye

    Friday, June 1, 2007 11:49 AM
  •  Sunil_Raj_fd640cmscomforums wrote:

    my points for the forums have nt yet updated. still its showing 0. when it could be updated???? and also for webcast its 0.

    plz help me out guys.

    Bye



    Hey man, your display name is wrong in the forums, its because of this reason that the points for the forums are not updated. Message the admins requesting for the points update, and appology for the mistake done in the display name for the forums.

    Your actual display name should be "Sunil_Raj_fd640c" instead of that mscomforums appended at the end
    Friday, June 1, 2007 12:35 PM
  •  sunil_singhal_10e2aa wrote:
    my points are still not credited for forums participation.
    not even registration points.
    however, this site shows my rank is 11.

    what should i do?



    Participation in Forums (Posts, replies,responses)
    1st 10 in Forums (posts, replies,responses) 1000 You earn points on the basis of a total number of posts, replies and responses every month. To get these points you need to be in the first 10 in the forums (amongst members) every month (with a minimum of: 20 posts, 15 replies, 15 responses in a month)   End of the month
    From 11th to 100 in Forums (posts, replies, responses) 250 You earn points on the basis of a total number of posts, replies and responses every month. To get these points you need to be amongst 11th to 100th in the forums (amongst members) every month (with a minimum of: 20 posts, 15 replies, 15 responses in a month)      End of the month

    @Sunil do you think that the wrk you did in the forums satisfy the above criteria ? If so then its bad luck, time to mail and notify the admins.
    Friday, June 1, 2007 12:37 PM
  • i am also in top ten
    Friday, June 1, 2007 12:38 PM
  • [Edited]

    Congratulations Varun, Raghuram & Jabed.. Welcome to the Club.


    Now 6 more to go, i think of them, sanket, Adnan, & Yogesh, will make it in the top 10. Lets wait until they post.
    Friday, June 1, 2007 12:39 PM
  •  md jabed_hussain_44fb4a wrote:
    i am also in top ten


    Congratulations man.

    Now 6 more to go.
    Friday, June 1, 2007 12:39 PM
  • Dear Harshil,

     

    You were correct for Sunil_Raj_fd640c  but what about in my case. I have posted mailing the admin with the images as it is in FAQ's. I shall wait for the process to come.

     

    And one more sunil is having the same problem I suppose.

     

    Regards,

    Friday, June 1, 2007 12:40 PM
  • me too . ..
    Friday, June 1, 2007 12:49 PM
  • Congrats Chetan.
    5 more to go now.
    Friday, June 1, 2007 1:03 PM
  • All i can do now, is wait and hope that the admins really update your points.

    All my best wishes are with you.
    Friday, June 1, 2007 1:04 PM
  • well, i satisfy each criteria.
    i have started participating in forums from the may month & my posts ,as you can see, are 270 appr.
    i have replied more than 15 times that's why my no of correct answers are 72.
    so what do you think could be a problem?
    7 how many have you scored till now?(total 1s)
    & congratulations for $s in advance
    Friday, June 1, 2007 1:10 PM
  •  sunil_singhal_10e2aa wrote:
    well, i satisfy each criteria.
    i have started participating in forums from the may month & my posts ,as you can see, are 270 appr.
    i have replied more than 15 times that's why my no of correct answers are 72.
    so what do you think could be a problem?
    7 how many have you scored till now?(total 1s)
    & congratulations for $s in advance


    I think , only the admin can help you out now. And what did you mean by $sin advance ?
    Did you mean Dollars ? if yes, then i am hoping that MS will also give the people who crosses 10K some $s  hehe
    Friday, June 1, 2007 1:20 PM
  • Did someone noticed, how excited everyone is today, just have a look at the participation in the forums today./...
    Friday, June 1, 2007 2:20 PM
  • Yeah.. This day comes only once per month. Our points are updated.
    Friday, June 1, 2007 2:27 PM
  • Yes man, everyone is excited about the points updations. After all when we get credit for the whole months activities and so much hard work, we will surely be happy when we get the credit we are worth of.
    Friday, June 1, 2007 2:46 PM
  • Hi Friends,
           Solve my problem .... My Rank is in top ten this month . But i didnt get 1k points ... i got only 300 points for the forum ...But My Rank is 10 ...... What may be the problem ..please help !!!!


    Regards
    Mohan
    Friday, June 1, 2007 4:33 PM
  • Mohan dont confuse yourself with the rank shown here at the forums, they are for the Top answers, and Microsoft uses some different criteria for calculating the top players at forums, and this just proves it, because many people who are shown at the rank page in top 10 didnt recieved the 1K+ points... so dont confuse it with that,
    Friday, June 1, 2007 4:54 PM
  • How many times will we have to repeat this thing Varun. Every month we are having to answer the same question. I suggest you guys to first search the forums, you will surely get the answer to it. But this time Varun has helped you with the detailed answer. 

    The rank list shown for the forums in this site is prepared from the number of posts that are marked as answer in the past 30 days. While the poitns for the forum activities in the rockstar contest are the total number of posts, + responses + replies, and also you need to satisfy the criteria. for minimum of: 20 posts, 15 replies, 15 responses in a month
    Friday, June 1, 2007 5:41 PM
  • Cool down Harshil, every month there are new people joining it and when we see a page like Top Answerers, we are bound to have the confusion, even we had the confusion first, but than it cleared out in time, so the newbies will take time to understand this...
    Friday, June 1, 2007 6:07 PM
  • Yes man, i know newbies take time to learn the stuffs, we we also the same earlier in the competition.

    Things were different when I joined the contest, there was nothing here, and not much info i could search for in  here. Now there are lots and lots of stuffs, newbies atleast know how to do search,. if they know how to post, then they know how to search Smile My point was that they should do some effort in searching the stuffs here in the forums. May be while searching they can find something else that they find interesting in learning.
    Friday, June 1, 2007 6:43 PM
  • My dear friend Harshil

     

    i am really greatful for ur help and guidance. becuase, i didnt knew that by changing the display name, points will have effect on it. thnx a lot.

     

    Bye

    Friday, June 1, 2007 6:54 PM
  • harshil,

     

    what's the mail id for admin to tell about my forum display name?

    Friday, June 1, 2007 7:00 PM
  • @Sunil - the mail id of the admin is stdrkstr@microsoft.com

    Also , after knowing the reason for your points not being updated, why don't you change your display name right now ? What are you waiting for. Change it asap.
    Friday, June 1, 2007 7:06 PM
  • thnx Harshil for mail id.

     

    i have changed the display name after u notified me. really thnx

     

    Bye

    Friday, June 1, 2007 7:15 PM
  • Finally you will be tracked with the right name now.
    Saturday, June 2, 2007 4:47 AM
  • Yeah guys, even i got more than 1k points for the forum.
    Sunday, June 3, 2007 10:15 AM

All replies

  • Am one among the top 10 in forums..

    8 more to come...

    Friday, June 1, 2007 9:47 AM
  • @ Harshil congrats friend,

     

    @ Raghuram my best wishes and congrajulations man.

     

    @ For all the Remaining 8 Person.

     

       MY Best wishes to you ALL.

    Friday, June 1, 2007 10:01 AM
  • @ Fredrick - Thanks for the wishes..

    As to your question regarding how to score more in forums, post more messages man.. The top 10 and top 100 are chosen based on the number of posts in a month...

    Friday, June 1, 2007 10:13 AM
  • Yup, I got 1K+ for the forums,

    now 7 more people left...
    Friday, June 1, 2007 11:00 AM
  • my points are still not credited for forums participation.
    not even registration points.
    however, this site shows my rank is 11.

    what should i do?
    Friday, June 1, 2007 11:25 AM
  • my points for the forums have nt yet updated. still its showing 0. when it could be updated???? and also for webcast its 0.

     

    plz help me out guys.

     

    Bye

    Friday, June 1, 2007 11:49 AM
  •  Sunil_Raj_fd640cmscomforums wrote:

    my points for the forums have nt yet updated. still its showing 0. when it could be updated???? and also for webcast its 0.

    plz help me out guys.

    Bye



    Hey man, your display name is wrong in the forums, its because of this reason that the points for the forums are not updated. Message the admins requesting for the points update, and appology for the mistake done in the display name for the forums.

    Your actual display name should be "Sunil_Raj_fd640c" instead of that mscomforums appended at the end
    Friday, June 1, 2007 12:35 PM
  •  sunil_singhal_10e2aa wrote:
    my points are still not credited for forums participation.
    not even registration points.
    however, this site shows my rank is 11.

    what should i do?



    Participation in Forums (Posts, replies,responses)
    1st 10 in Forums (posts, replies,responses) 1000 You earn points on the basis of a total number of posts, replies and responses every month. To get these points you need to be in the first 10 in the forums (amongst members) every month (with a minimum of: 20 posts, 15 replies, 15 responses in a month)   End of the month
    From 11th to 100 in Forums (posts, replies, responses) 250 You earn points on the basis of a total number of posts, replies and responses every month. To get these points you need to be amongst 11th to 100th in the forums (amongst members) every month (with a minimum of: 20 posts, 15 replies, 15 responses in a month)      End of the month

    @Sunil do you think that the wrk you did in the forums satisfy the above criteria ? If so then its bad luck, time to mail and notify the admins.
    Friday, June 1, 2007 12:37 PM
  • i am also in top ten
    Friday, June 1, 2007 12:38 PM
  • [Edited]

    Congratulations Varun, Raghuram & Jabed.. Welcome to the Club.


    Now 6 more to go, i think of them, sanket, Adnan, & Yogesh, will make it in the top 10. Lets wait until they post.
    Friday, June 1, 2007 12:39 PM
  •  md jabed_hussain_44fb4a wrote:
    i am also in top ten


    Congratulations man.

    Now 6 more to go.
    Friday, June 1, 2007 12:39 PM
  • Dear Harshil,

     

    You were correct for Sunil_Raj_fd640c  but what about in my case. I have posted mailing the admin with the images as it is in FAQ's. I shall wait for the process to come.

     

    And one more sunil is having the same problem I suppose.

     

    Regards,

    Friday, June 1, 2007 12:40 PM
  • me too . ..
    Friday, June 1, 2007 12:49 PM
  • Congrats Chetan.
    5 more to go now.
    Friday, June 1, 2007 1:03 PM
  • All i can do now, is wait and hope that the admins really update your points.

    All my best wishes are with you.
    Friday, June 1, 2007 1:04 PM
  • well, i satisfy each criteria.
    i have started participating in forums from the may month & my posts ,as you can see, are 270 appr.
    i have replied more than 15 times that's why my no of correct answers are 72.
    so what do you think could be a problem?
    7 how many have you scored till now?(total 1s)
    & congratulations for $s in advance
    Friday, June 1, 2007 1:10 PM
  •  sunil_singhal_10e2aa wrote:
    well, i satisfy each criteria.
    i have started participating in forums from the may month & my posts ,as you can see, are 270 appr.
    i have replied more than 15 times that's why my no of correct answers are 72.
    so what do you think could be a problem?
    7 how many have you scored till now?(total 1s)
    & congratulations for $s in advance


    I think , only the admin can help you out now. And what did you mean by $sin advance ?
    Did you mean Dollars ? if yes, then i am hoping that MS will also give the people who crosses 10K some $s  hehe
    Friday, June 1, 2007 1:20 PM
  • Did someone noticed, how excited everyone is today, just have a look at the participation in the forums today./...
    Friday, June 1, 2007 2:20 PM
  • Yeah.. This day comes only once per month. Our points are updated.
    Friday, June 1, 2007 2:27 PM
  • Yes man, everyone is excited about the points updations. After all when we get credit for the whole months activities and so much hard work, we will surely be happy when we get the credit we are worth of.
    Friday, June 1, 2007 2:46 PM
  • Hi Friends,
           Solve my problem .... My Rank is in top ten this month . But i didnt get 1k points ... i got only 300 points for the forum ...But My Rank is 10 ...... What may be the problem ..please help !!!!


    Regards
    Mohan
    Friday, June 1, 2007 4:33 PM
  • Mohan dont confuse yourself with the rank shown here at the forums, they are for the Top answers, and Microsoft uses some different criteria for calculating the top players at forums, and this just proves it, because many people who are shown at the rank page in top 10 didnt recieved the 1K+ points... so dont confuse it with that,
    Friday, June 1, 2007 4:54 PM
  • How many times will we have to repeat this thing Varun. Every month we are having to answer the same question. I suggest you guys to first search the forums, you will surely get the answer to it. But this time Varun has helped you with the detailed answer. 

    The rank list shown for the forums in this site is prepared from the number of posts that are marked as answer in the past 30 days. While the poitns for the forum activities in the rockstar contest are the total number of posts, + responses + replies, and also you need to satisfy the criteria. for minimum of: 20 posts, 15 replies, 15 responses in a month
    Friday, June 1, 2007 5:41 PM
  • Cool down Harshil, every month there are new people joining it and when we see a page like Top Answerers, we are bound to have the confusion, even we had the confusion first, but than it cleared out in time, so the newbies will take time to understand this...
    Friday, June 1, 2007 6:07 PM
  • Yes man, i know newbies take time to learn the stuffs, we we also the same earlier in the competition.

    Things were different when I joined the contest, there was nothing here, and not much info i could search for in  here. Now there are lots and lots of stuffs, newbies atleast know how to do search,. if they know how to post, then they know how to search Smile My point was that they should do some effort in searching the stuffs here in the forums. May be while searching they can find something else that they find interesting in learning.
    Friday, June 1, 2007 6:43 PM
  • My dear friend Harshil

     

    i am really greatful for ur help and guidance. becuase, i didnt knew that by changing the display name, points will have effect on it. thnx a lot.

     

    Bye

    Friday, June 1, 2007 6:54 PM
  • harshil,

     

    what's the mail id for admin to tell about my forum display name?

    Friday, June 1, 2007 7:00 PM
  • @Sunil - the mail id of the admin is stdrkstr@microsoft.com

    Also , after knowing the reason for your points not being updated, why don't you change your display name right now ? What are you waiting for. Change it asap.
    Friday, June 1, 2007 7:06 PM
  • thnx Harshil for mail id.

     

    i have changed the display name after u notified me. really thnx

     

    Bye

    Friday, June 1, 2007 7:15 PM
  • Finally you will be tracked with the right name now.
    Saturday, June 2, 2007 4:47 AM
  • Yeah guys, even i got more than 1k points for the forum.
    Sunday, June 3, 2007 10:15 AM
  • congrats Adnan

    Now 4 more to go. Common guys, speak up. Who are the remaining 4 ?
    Sunday, June 3, 2007 11:16 AM
  • Thanks Harshil.

    Since you know VB, could you please help me out in a little problem at http://forums.microsoft.com/SamVaad/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=1683245&SiteID=43

    Sunday, June 3, 2007 12:47 PM
  • Sure mate, let me have a look at it over there.
    Sunday, June 3, 2007 2:03 PM