CRM 2013 Performance RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

It's been a while CRM 2013 was released and 2 rollups are out. I am not sure if I am the only one, but CRM 2013 seems to be way slower in performance that it's predecessors. It seems like gone are the days when the page would appear instantly on click of a link in the sitemap.

I am running CRM 2013 (everything in single box) in a VM with 5GB of RAM and 2 cores dedicated to it (HDD is not a SSD but 7200 RPM). Not sure why, but CRM loads so slowly, it's like click-and-go-take-a-walk-while-the-page-loads! I have even faced things like when I am clicking on a tab in customization, the whole thing freezes! It' been extremely difficult navigating through CRM leave aside customizing it. Also, Task Manager shows the Async Service uses 700MB of RAM!

Has anyone else faced a similar thing? Any thoughts?

Admin QuikView Solution for CRM 2013

Thursday, June 5, 2014 8:47 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hi,

According to documentations about server and DB, you have less than the minimum requirements for CRM 2013 servers. On the other hand MS states: "Running Microsoft Dynamics CRM on a computer that has less than the recommended requirements may result in inadequate performance." It says, if you have installed CRM on a server with less than the recommended requirements, sth like what happens to you could occur.

You could also try this link for performance optimizing.

Persian Dynamics CRM Community | انجمن متخصصان فارسی زبان

Thursday, June 5, 2014 11:31 AM
  • As said above - 5GB with only 2 cores and on a single box is WAY below the requirements - also 7200RPM disks for a single box with the SQL is just not enough.

Please vote if you find my post helpful - Thanks

Thursday, June 5, 2014 12:47 PM