none
Points increasing with no apparent reason RRS feed

• General discussion

• Hi everybody,

In these rare moments I check the forums (first time today), I also normally check my points and activity. Recently I started noticing points increases that are not explained by activity, so I am curious what they may be. Say, yesterday last time I checked it was 120 and today it's 150, but where these 30 points came from is not clear from my Activity.

For every expert, there is an equal and opposite expert. - Becker's Law

My blog

My TechNet articles

Wednesday, September 25, 2013 7:11 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Did you contributed with the wiki? Because if you did, the article you edited/created  could have reached a views milestone and I don't know if that would show on your activity.

The same applies for blog post (page milestone and rating) and for gallery contribution (number of downloads and rating).

I think thats the reason, but I'm not sure.

Wednesday, September 25, 2013 7:22 PM
  • Lately I concentrate the majority of my efforts on TechNet Wiki activity. Normally I would get in my TechNet WiKi activity messages about article reaching a milestone. But sometimes I see no such activities listed and yet points are increasing. I do also suspect it may be related with Wiki.

My blog

My TechNet articles

Wednesday, September 25, 2013 7:32 PM
  • I have noticed this in my case for some time. I have no idea where the points come from. I suspect activity is not showing up in my profile, especially Wiki activity regarding view milestones.

Richard Mueller - MVP Directory Services

Saturday, September 28, 2013 1:12 AM
  • I got this strange activity now

"

The article T-SQL: Dynamic Pivot on Multiple Columns on the TechNet Wiki has achieved its 15 minutes of fame. Congratulations!

TechNet Wiki | about 24 hours ago"

However, I am pretty sure I already got this 15 minutes of fame and even the next level with this article months ago. So, does it recycle? Every new 1K views it adds 15 minutes of fame?

My blog

My TechNet articles

Sunday, September 29, 2013 2:18 AM
  • Wiki points won't show up in activity unless you're the author. When an article you edited on reaches a milestone, you'll earn a few points. It won't be in your Activity. If it was, that would be really confusing. =^)

The Activity only shows 100 things. Your profile and mine would fill that up every few minutes, and it wouldn't be clear whether the points were from editing or authoring.

Ed Price, SQL Server Customer Program Manager (Blog, Small Basic, Wiki Ninjas, Wiki)

Answer an interesting question? Create a wiki article about it!

Friday, October 18, 2013 9:55 PM
    Owner
  • Sometimes it does appear in my activity.

My blog

My TechNet articles

Friday, October 18, 2013 10:34 PM
  • There's another strange behaviour: the points counter reports a value that is different from the one that I see if I move the mouse pointer over the last point of the points history chart: the value displayed is actually 45 points higher than the one shown immediately above the "Experience" tab.

Bye.

Luigi Bruno

Monday, October 21, 2013 8:28 AM
  • Luigi, the graph in my profile has shown 20 points more than the total above it for at least a year.

Also, I accidently clicked "Propose as answer" instead of "Reply" to Luigi's post just now, but for some reason I am not allowed to "Unpropose" the reply.

Richard Mueller - MVP Directory Services

Monday, October 21, 2013 3:02 PM
  • I keep getting some increases that don't have any info in the profile :( Say, since this morning I got 9 more points and nothing in my profile that explains them.

My blog

My TechNet articles

Tuesday, October 22, 2013 5:22 PM
  • I dont see being credited for some threads..

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/6c191d87-870b-451a-bf95-b148dd4e714a/change-xml-root-name?forum=xmlandnetfx
    http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/vstudio/en-US/d7ed268f-5c49-4903-b615-2e7aa176404c/how-to-read-file-name-from-dtsconfig-file?forum=scripting

For the below thread the asker answered to their own question which is confusing..

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/6a13fb83-bfdc-43d2-80d8-3d2516035894/creating-object-array-from-a-xml-tag?forum=xmlandnetfx

Friday, November 22, 2013 8:31 PM