I Want To Build A Code Library RRS feed

• Question

• I am researching a possiblity of building my own code library for implementation of Adobe's PDF Library ISO 32000 document.  What forum should I go to to gather the information required to get started?
    R Evans
    Saturday, October 17, 2009 4:45 PM

Answers

All replies

• http://forums.adobe.com

The following is signature, not part of post
    Please mark the post answered your question as the answer, and mark other helpful posts as helpful.
    Visual C++ MVP
    Saturday, October 17, 2009 9:16 PM
  • Thank you for responding.  I have already been to the Adobe forums.  I have not found anybody there who is building their own library.  They are either using the Acrobat SDK or they are using the PDF Library from Datalogics, Inc.  Datalogics charges $10,000 for their library plus an $8,000 per year maintenance fee.  I want to do what Datalogis has done, and build my own library, but I am not sure how to get started doing that in .NET.

R Evans
    Saturday, October 17, 2009 10:54 PM
  • maybe they have good reasons. Ask why they choose the SDK or the library, maybe reinventing the wheel is not a good idea.

The following is signature, not part of post
    Please mark the post answered your question as the answer, and mark other helpful posts as helpful.
    Visual C++ MVP
    Sunday, October 18, 2009 12:10 PM
  • The SDK does not have the same functionality as the library.  For example, with the SDK you cannot build an application that will run on a server, nor can you embed PDF manipulation within your application without the presence of Acrobat.  Let's pretend that I did not even mention Adobe.  Suppose all I want to do is build a library using .NET for whatever application I might chose to work on.  To which Microsoft forum should I go to learn?
    R Evans
    Sunday, October 18, 2009 4:07 PM
  • I think I got my answer from the VB.NET General forum.  I was given a link to http://www.vbdotnetheaven.com/UploadFile/mahesh/BuildingClassLibrary04262005091233AM/BuildingClassLibrary.aspx, and that looks like what I am looking for.  Thank you for your input.
    R Evans
    • Marked as answer by REvans611 Friday, May 28, 2010 9:49 PM
    Sunday, October 18, 2009 5:05 PM