Are the Microsoft Academic Search data being updated? RRS feed

• General discussion

• I was wondering whether MS has stopped the updating of the Microsoft Academic Search. I have been capturing the details of about 2000 academics for a project using the MSA API and collected their keyword details over 3 months ago. I did an update of the same academics recently and found none of these had any updates which was a bit strange as the collection had many highly active researchers.

Best regards

Rasika

Friday, July 5, 2013 12:41 AM

All replies

• Hello Rasika,

Thank you for reaching out to us, and apologies for the delayed response. We are actively working on indexing additional content, and we appreciate your feedback regarding this area of our website.

Please let us know if we can be of any further assistance.

Best regards,

Thomas, Academic Search Editor

Friday, August 2, 2013 8:28 PM
  • Just following up on this and have seen a few other queries on this with the same answer. I have done some random testing on several high profile universities for publications in 2013 and I am not getting anything much. If I use the advanced search and limit the publications to just year 2013, there are only 8389 publications coming up globally for all fields of study. Clearly, this is not good progress given that we are almost halfway in 2014. I am using MSA as a source for running some analysis on publication trends and related information and I am unable to continue my investigations due to the lack of updates. If there could be more progress on this sooner, I think there would be many others who will be happy to support this great initiative.

Best regards

Rasika

Thursday, May 15, 2014 1:48 AM
  • I am also feeling that Microsoft has abandoned the Microsoft Academic Project. Because i dont see my advisor and others well established researchers in my area getting current and latest statistics. and seeing that indexing was getting done in 2013 and we are now in 2015 and still it has not been completed, i feel that no one is working on this project anymore.

This is one of the few project where Microsoft had a better layout and concept than Google parallel product i.e. Google Scholar. MS design was simple intuitive, efficient and comprehensive. I personally think it had lot of potential to be big in its area. 

Monday, January 5, 2015 8:42 AM
  • Hello,

We are not currently adding new content to MAS as we migrate over to a new platform. Watch this space or follow us on Twitter (@MSFTAcademic) for updates on what is coming.

Thanks!

-Thomas

Wednesday, January 7, 2015 12:45 AM
  • I have emailed several times to request my profile be removed without a response, let alone it being removed. I did not create the profile, nor did I request its creation. It is completely out of date and omits about 10 entries. I'm not updating it - I use Academia and Researchgate for that.

Remove me immediately - I suspect that under European law you are legally obliged to do so given I have requested it.

Wednesday, January 7, 2015 11:04 AM
  • Hello Jane. We received your emails and responded via email. Best Wishes - Thomas

Thursday, January 8, 2015 8:00 PM
  • I see that some of the profiles have got updated.

I hope that the whole system and database get updated. But the slowness of the update is definitely worrying.

Monday, January 12, 2015 7:07 AM