Chunked download of server changes with SqlServer 2008 Change Tracking RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all

I am currently facing the issue of downloading about 1.6 million records from the client to the server using Sync Services.

This of course will not work in the standard setting with all records being loaded into the servers memory, then into the client memory. (Good morning to you, OutOfMemoryException ;-))

So I figured that I will have to use chunked download to get over this problem.

Unfortunately, I did not find any samples or documentation on how to do chunking together with sqlserver 2008 change tracking.
    Could you help me on that with samples or tips on how to do it? Thanks!

The tricky part will be to combine chunking with the SyncAdapters that are generated by Visual Studio 2008, which I would like to continue using.

Thanks for your suggestions
    Oliver
    • Moved by Hengzhe Li Friday, April 22, 2011 7:42 AM (From:SyncFx - Microsoft Sync Framework Database Providers [ReadOnly])
    Wednesday, December 3, 2008 1:34 PM

All replies

• So you want to "upload" 1.6 million records from CE to SqlServer? Batching is supported only on the server provider and CEClientSyncProvider doesnt support batched upload.

Can you confirm which endpoint has the data server/client?

Wednesday, December 3, 2008 7:41 PM
  • Sorry

I wanted to say:
    I am currently facing the issue of downloading about 1.6 million records from the server to the client using Sync Services.

The server has the data, the client needs to get it by downloading it from the server. I know that chunking (batching) is supported on the server provider, I am simply missing samples / advice on how to implement it combined with sqlserver 2008 change tracking.
    Thursday, December 4, 2008 6:33 AM

• Anybody got advice on this? This is still a pressing and unsolved issue in our project, so any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Maheshwar Jayaraman?

Thanks
    Oliver
    Monday, December 15, 2008 8:17 AM