Automatic installation of GP Customizations using Setup fort the ISV certification RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

My company has developed a vertical product for Dynamics GP.We have been delivering the resources(chunk files,DLLs,smartlist XMLs,RDl files and SPs) in a package and the client needs to install the resources manually.

Our aim is to automate the installtion process  as this is the one of the requirement for the ISV certification.

The setup should do the following....

1. Copy the chink file,DLLs,help files in to GP folder and register the DLLs

The following components need to install according to the users choice during the setup

2.  XMLs --- Smartlists

If user selects smartlist to install then there should be some mechanisms to read the XMls and insert into SLB tables.

The views for the XMLS will install separately from GP through a DLL call.

3.RDL files -- SSRS

If user selects SSRS  reports to install ,then the RDl files for the SSRS reports need to copy  to the report server.

The SPs for the SSRS will install separately from GP through a DLL call.

4 Webservice setup -- Integration

We have a webservice by which the documents can be ingrated into GP.It has developed as a setup.so If user selects the webservice ,then the setup for the webservice also needs to run.

So basically apart from chunk file , the components stated from 2-4 also needs to install according to user's choice. during the installation.

I belive many of  you have worked for ISV certification requirement such as automatic installtion,so I am looking for your valuable suggestions and inputs on how effectively I can achive this. As you may know creating setup using setup wizard in vs .net is an opt on but i doubt all these requirements can accomadate there.

Thanks

RKR

need

Tuesday, June 14, 2011 6:56 AM