UK Domain US information also deleting old indexed URLS RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all i have a UK domain that has US information can the location be changed

How can i delete the old URLS for MSN
    Tuesday, September 2, 2008 9:59 AM

Answers

All replies

• Please fill out our support form to change target markets or remove URLs from our index:

https://support.live.com/eform.aspx?productKey=wlsearch&ct=eformts

Thanks,

Brett

Tuesday, September 2, 2008 5:21 PM
  • Hi Brett

I was thrilled when I found your post saying how to change target markets.  I have taken over management of a website with a .com address which is hosted in the US, but everything about the website is New Zealand based with "New Zealand" on every page.  The search bot has tagged my site as US.

Unfortunately contacting support didn't fix the problem for me.  Following my message is the reply I got from support.

The site is heavily marketed with the .com address, and I'm not moving all my websites to hosting in NZ to fix the problem.  Any other solutions?  Has the support person taken the easy way out... send a form letter... or is the info they sent me correct?

Thanks

Paul

Thank you for writing to Live Search Technical Support. My name is .... and I understand that your Web site targets only the NZ market but Live Search is marking it as US. I realize the importance of this matter.

You might host your site in a different location than your target market. When your site is located in a different market, your site may rank higher in your local market's search results, and rank much lower in your target market's search results.

Windows Live use information such as the website's IP address and the country code top-level domain to determine a website's market and country. You can alter this information to reflect the market that you want to target.

We appreciate your continued support as we strive to provide you with the highest quality service available. Thank you for using Live Search.

Tuesday, September 9, 2008 8:59 PM
  • Brett- I didn't see a response to the post below this. The site tools state that you can change the targeted region, but where / how do you accomplish that?

Thanks!

Jonathan

Sunday, January 25, 2009 9:24 PM