Cannot run Mr. Fixit automatic troubleshooter - receive error msg "This troubleshooter doesn't apply to this computer" RRS feed

• Question

• I am running Windows 7 32 bit, and recently had to reinstall Windows because of a virus.  Prior to the re-install I was able to run the troubleshooters.  There it one difference, and that was that I had reinstalled Windows 7 so many times, I had to call to get a new Activation code.  Not sure if that has anything to do with it.  thanks.
    Friday, December 3, 2010 7:20 PM

All replies

• Dear kristenSF,

Thank you for your interest in Microsoft Fix it Center (Beta). About the "Fix it Center" application, do you make sure you installed successful and right version used? If so do you encounter some error messages or error code? Would you like to provide us details information?

1. Which OS are you use? 32/64 bit? 

2. Which troubleshooter are you run? 

Thanks. 

If I misunderstood you, please kindly elaborate your question.

Please Mark as Answered If this is helpful Or Un-Mark as Answered if it is not helpful.

Best Regards,
    Yan Jun
    Microsoft Online Community Support

• Proposed as answer by ioan craciun Monday, December 6, 2010 9:15 PM
    Sunday, December 5, 2010 12:54 PM
  • Dear Yan Jun,

I am running 32 bit.  I am not part of the beta program and have not downloaded the program.  I was trying to run the troubleshooter from the online site.  I have been able to run it successfully in the past, but cannot run it now.

The only error message that I get when I try to run one of the troubleshooters is that it "Does not apply to this computer".  I have tried several of the trouble shooters, the last one was:

mats_run.ieperformance . e x e

thanks.

Thanks, Kristen
    Sunday, December 5, 2010 10:26 PM
  • Hi kristen,

Thanks for your feedback and provide your OS information. The troubleshooter "mats_run.ieperformance.exe" was not support "Windows Server 2003/2008/2008 R2". Above you said your OS was "Win 7 32 bit" it not in above not support OS listed, do you have any configuration/setting in "mats_run.ieperformance.exe"? Please make sure your OS and troubleshooter is right use. Would you like provide some screenshots pictures about errors to us? If possible, you may upload it to some space/blog/any other site, then put the img url here.  thanks.

Please Mark as Answered If this is helpful Or Un-Mark as Answered if it is not helpful.

Best Regards,
    Yan Jun
    Microsoft Online Community Support

• Proposed as answer by ioan craciun Monday, December 6, 2010 9:15 PM
    Monday, December 6, 2010 3:24 AM