How can I edit the customeridtype with one Entity? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Experts:

I am new for Dynamics CRM and our product is trying to do some plugins for this.

My question is: I can see the "customeridtype" of opportunity in metadata browser, and why I cannot edit the field in "Customize the System" for this field?

How I can create a correct customeridtype value for opportunity in CRM?

Thursday, March 20, 2014 3:27 AM

Answers

• You aren't able to set this directly. It is derived from the entity type that is stored in the customerid field. In CRM the "customer" field is a special field that can store either an Account or Contact so 'customeridtype' reflects the type of object (account or contact) stored in customerid. You are not able to create your own "customer" type of field or edit existing fields to store another entity type. 

Jason Lattimer
    My Blog -  Follow me on Twitter -  LinkedIn

Thursday, March 20, 2014 4:52 AM

All replies

• You aren't able to set this directly. It is derived from the entity type that is stored in the customerid field. In CRM the "customer" field is a special field that can store either an Account or Contact so 'customeridtype' reflects the type of object (account or contact) stored in customerid. You are not able to create your own "customer" type of field or edit existing fields to store another entity type. 

Jason Lattimer
    My Blog -  Follow me on Twitter -  LinkedIn

Thursday, March 20, 2014 4:52 AM
  • Appreciate your answer.

I notice the type of customeridtype is EntityName. Is this same as owneridtype? So I want to know whether all the EntityName cannot be set and one more question is: whether I can retrieve this type?

I check all the types from: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/gg328507.aspx 

So is there any other types also cannot be set? Could you kindly give me some suggestion?

Thanks,

Mandy

• Edited by mandy yuan Thursday, March 20, 2014 6:07 AM
    Thursday, March 20, 2014 6:00 AM