Can't get windows coupon installer installed to print coupons after having done this with same pc,printer,now Dell printer unsupported all-in-one plus fax. RRS feed

• Question

• I had been redeeming coca cola codes from products for coupons for free coke & sweepstakes. I had windows coupon installer installed to print coupons online for last 2 years. Somehow installer was removed by me  ADD &REMOVE Progam by accident & I  went online,logged in to redeem  codes & cash in pts  to recieve coupons fom my printer,but Coke could not install windows coupons for  online print of coupons. WLOC says printer not supported beause of fax capabilities and/or public printer or pc. After all was fine for a year since entering Coke Rewards Contest. I might go back to McAfee,Dell doesn't like WLOC.  I don't know if it IE 7 or WLOC Firewall blocking. There are all kinds of companies that have online coupons.  I let down pop-up setting & tried to mess with fiewall settings fom default.  I went in SAFE MODE ran spyware/virus scan came up with nothing there. My Logitech keyboard is printing blank at times,might need to dust the whole setup. I got to go to offie max buy some cans of air it will probably be dirty air the way things are going.
    ????????????What the hell's wrong WLOC & What is right?????
    • Edited by Borderlined Thursday, February 12, 2009 5:47 PM
    Thursday, February 12, 2009 5:29 PM

Answers

• I am quite certain that the problem is not OneCare due to the fact that it won't work with the firewall off. It sounds like you have an issue with the security settings in your web browser. If you are using IE7, try resetting everything to default - Tools/Internet Options/Advanced/Reset.

The USB/Printer issue should be pursued with Dell as that would indicate a hardware or drive issue - not anything that OneCare would deal with if the printer is attached via USB.

-steve

Microsoft MVP Windows Live / Windows Live OneCare & Live Mesh Forum Moderator
    Monday, February 16, 2009 4:47 PM

All replies

• Hello Borderlined,open One Care>Change Settings>Firewall>Advanced Configuration>Network Settings and check that your location is set to "Home or Work" and not to "Public Place".
    Jim
    Thursday, February 12, 2009 5:33 PM
  • While I don't think it is the firewall causing your problem, you can try disabling the firewall completely to see if the installer will proceed. So, where Jim led you in the instructions, you will see a setting on the firewall tab to disable it. Do that, click OK and then try the download/install once again. Once you've tried this, go back into the settings and turn the firewall back on again.
    -steve
    Thursday, February 12, 2009 5:41 PM
  • Thanks guys I wasn't thinking of shutting down FW to see or at least eliminate 1 thing.
    ????????????What the hell's wrong WLOC & What is right?????
    Thursday, February 12, 2009 6:00 PM
  • Do let us know if the problem is resolved by shutting down the firewall or not. If it works, then we would need to focus on why the firewall was blocking it. If it doesn't, then we can rule out the OneCare firewall and suggest that it may be a browser setting or similar.
    -steve
    Thursday, February 12, 2009 6:42 PM
  • Any update on this problem, Borderlined?
    -steve
    Friday, February 13, 2009 4:35 PM
  • I checked network setting on wloc home/work is listed and firewall being off while trying install didn't work.  I did notice when I got windows coupon installer/printer to start download/install tools icon came up with a red warning over it at bottom of page as soon as the coupon dialogue box started to download installer.  This is got to do with add-ons being allowed. If you click on the tools icon with the warning at the bottom it will make the manage add-ons come up for active x controls ;other tools browser exts,etc. I can't get it to enable this. Never had a problem with this. Anyway I cashed in all my coke rewards and they are going to get them  to me by way of US mail. Could it be I have restricted administrative rights? I don't want to think so or else. This ain't China.
    ????????????What the hell's wrong WLOC & What is right?????One more thing my Printer had to wake up pc I tried printing from a web sites's print just like microsoft has when you want to print just the facts and I tested this with Dell support and I had to unplug power and usb cable and printer started to print like it should sometimes power-outage does this when one isn't communicating with the other. Still could not get the coupon printer. Manage add-on has got somthing to do with it. What do you think? The coupon installer and printer has to have a way to tell when you have printed your selected coupon & how many times. They leave a license code in your pc and when you print your selection you also get bar code on the coupon from your printer this is the default way.It is all legit. Google it.                                                                                                                                Borderlined Again,
    Sunday, February 15, 2009 7:07 PM
  • I am quite certain that the problem is not OneCare due to the fact that it won't work with the firewall off. It sounds like you have an issue with the security settings in your web browser. If you are using IE7, try resetting everything to default - Tools/Internet Options/Advanced/Reset.

The USB/Printer issue should be pursued with Dell as that would indicate a hardware or drive issue - not anything that OneCare would deal with if the printer is attached via USB.

-steve

Monday, February 16, 2009 4:47 PM