none
HP EX470 Availability? RRS feed

• Question

• It doesn't seem to be in stock anywhere...  Most places (e.g., Circuit City) still have it listed as a pre-order item!  HP.com lists it at out of stock.

Where are people buying this from?

Thanks,
    Ryan
    Wednesday, November 28, 2007 2:41 PM

All replies

• HP was out of stock last week and then showed "in stock" later in the same week.  They seem to be getting them in fairly fast.  I ordered 1 when they first showed up on the HP's site and they quickly went out of stock.  I liked the first one so much I wanted to get more (perhaps for a Christmas gift for a relative).  I just checked once a day and then a few days later they had more so I ordered 2 more of them.  I would guess HP would have them first but it probably makes sense to check a few different sites a day and have your credit card ready.

Wednesday, November 28, 2007 4:17 PM
  • It does seem to be out of stock every place I could find, I guess HP underestimated the demand for these units. Smile From what I've heard, Amazon has been getting regular shipments out, you might contact them and see if they have an ETA.

Wednesday, November 28, 2007 4:35 PM
  • It does seem like everywhere is out of stock.  I find it odd though that Cicuit City would still list it as a pre-order item.

Anyways, I found this link which says Amazon UK will be delaying shipments until after Christmas!

http://www.wegotserved.co.uk/2007/11/27/amazoncouk-delay-fulfillment-of-hp-mediasmart-server-orders-until-after-xmas/#comments

-Ryan
    Wednesday, November 28, 2007 4:45 PM
  • I ordered from Amazon. It was supposed to ship on Dec 12 but it did last week.

Thursday, November 29, 2007 2:29 AM
  • I would like to mention that the EX470 is available at the shopping.hp.com website currently.  It's only 559.99 and it offers free 5-7 day shipping..  I work for HP, although in the printer division so don't be afraid to ask me any questions.

Friday, November 30, 2007 1:06 AM
  • Thanks for the update!  I was able to order mine.  I also ordered a Seagate 1 TB drive from Newegg for 289.99 w/ free shipping.
    Friday, November 30, 2007 2:52 AM
  •  Enchanter wrote:

I work for HP, although in the printer division so don't be afraid to ask me any questions.

in that case, i have a question:

i have a PSC 1350 but it doesnt seem like there are any server 03 drivers. is there any way to my MSS to work as a print server using the 1350?

p.s. i know this is a little off topic but i guess you take an opportunity when one's presented

Friday, November 30, 2007 3:10 AM
  • Have you tried the xp drivers? 

Or if you don't need the full function network drivers, I've heard these work..  Just choose XP and then the top driver set..

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareCategory?product=306888&lc=en&cc=us&dlc=en&submit.y=0&submit.x=0&lang=en&cc=us

It all depends on if you are just going to plug it into your WHS with usb or if you are going more of a network route..  You could just hook the printer up USB to the WHS and share it..
    Friday, November 30, 2007 3:34 AM
  • any luck getting the psc1350 to work? i tried to XP drivers didnt work

Sunday, December 2, 2007 2:08 AM
  •  

havent tried yet, busy weekend Sad

ill try to do it sometime soon and get back

Monday, December 3, 2007 4:00 AM
  • please note, regarding the PSC 1315 HP Printer... when connected via USB to the HP EX470 if you remote desktop / terminal service into the WHS and do a Windows Update... under Hardware Windows picks up and detects the PSC 1315 Printer; it will install the printer drivers... after which once you do a Windows Update again it finds even newer PSC 1315 drivers and one installs those too... and then again and again... finally they appear to be installed but under device manager the PSC 1315 is not install correctly.

Please keep us updated if you figure it out thanks

Monday, December 3, 2007 4:04 AM
  • Does anyone have any Idea when the retailer will have stock again. My Home server has 16 day left and i need to get something going before it expires. If HP doesn't have any stock before then I am going to be stuck between a rck and a hard place.

Wednesday, December 5, 2007 1:13 AM
  • I ordered mine from Amazon back on November 9th and they just delayed shipment from Dec 4 to January 21.
    Wednesday, December 5, 2007 2:55 AM
  • i am sorry to hear that - but it will be worth the wait

Wednesday, December 5, 2007 5:02 AM
  • See this post at WeGotServed for an explanation of what's going on.
    Wednesday, December 5, 2007 12:26 PM
  • http://www.circuitcity.com/ssm/HP-EX470-Mediasmart-Home-Server-EX470/sem/rpsm/oid/196008/rpem/ccd/productDetail.do

Circuit City has them available.  Unfortunately they don't have the $40 instant rebate so the EX470 is $599.99.  It will be hard to get them to price match too since no one else has them in stock.  But if you have to have it...

-Ryan
    Wednesday, December 5, 2007 12:55 PM
  • Bought mine at Frys.

Sunday, December 9, 2007 9:44 PM
  • strange, I ordered my Ex470 this evening, and it was shipped an hour or so later!

I ordered from cclonline.com

Tuesday, December 11, 2007 7:00 PM
  • HP now has the HP MediaSmart Server EX470 and EX475 in stock with same-day shipping.

EX470 @ HP.com
    EX475 @ HP.com

Unfortunately, the $40 discount expired yesterday.

I cancelled my Amazon order, ordered directly from HP with free shipping and it will arrive tomorrow, according to Fedex tracking.
    Wednesday, December 12, 2007 1:52 AM
  • I ordered mine from HP on Friday, Dec. 7th, got it yesterday on the 11th. I used 5-7 day ground (free) shipping.

Wednesday, December 12, 2007 6:24 PM