locked
Outlook CRM client 4.0 "Your web Browser options are currently set to disable cookies" RRS feed

  • Question

  • After installing CRM 4.0 server succesfully, and connecting to the server by browser, I treid to install the CRM 4.0 Client for Outlook.
    Every time I starup Outlook i get the following error:
    Your web browser options are currently set to disable cookies. Microsoft Dynamics CRM requires cookies to be enabled. To enable cookies, see the online Help for your browser.

    When i run the diagnostics, everything looks fine. I even enabled all cookies in Internet Explorer and I'm still getting this error.

    Please can someone help me on this problem. I searched the Internet concerning this problem and tried everything to resolve this without success.

    Regards,

    Ton
    Thursday, October 2, 2008 2:06 PM

Answers

All replies

  • Hi

     

    One thing you might want to try is to add your CRM installation to your Internet Explorer trusted or Intranet zones.

     

    Regards,

     

    Douglas

     

    Thursday, October 2, 2008 11:26 PM
  • Douglas,

    This is already done. The following actions are done:

    - Turn off Pop up Blocker for this site
    - Put site in trusted sites
    - Allow all pop ups
    - put security on low.

    Nothing seems to resolve this problem.

    Does anyone have more
    suggestions?

    Regards,

    Ton
    Friday, October 3, 2008 8:30 AM
  • Ton

     

    Found the following article on the Internet regarding your problem.  The issue in the article is regarding CRM 3.0 but might provide some clues.

     

    http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.crm/browse_thread/thread/6f22c147c90317b7/e5f07614efa3e819?q=Microsoft+CRM+3.0&rnum=1&pli=1

     

    Hope that helps,

     

    Douglas

    Friday, October 3, 2008 8:46 AM
  • I had the same error this morning. I've just fixed it by changing this in the register.
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\MSCRMClient\WebAppUrl
    I changed the servername to the IP address of that server.

    I had HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\MSCRMClient\WebAppUrl\http://HU_CRM:5555
    I changed it to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\MSCRMClient\WebAppUrl\http://10.100.100.227:5555

    After that it worked and we tried something else. We renamed the server to HUCRM, and we changed the registerkey to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\MSCRMClient\WebAppUrl\http://HUCRM:5555

    That also worked, so if you got a _ in your servername it might not work.
    • Proposed as answer by Jessé Augusto Wednesday, May 18, 2011 7:48 PM
    Friday, October 3, 2008 11:47 AM
  • Douglas,

    My server had a underscore in the name, and that was my error.

    Thanks for the resolution.

    Ton
    • Proposed as answer by Jessé Augusto Wednesday, May 18, 2011 7:48 PM
    Friday, October 3, 2008 11:58 AM