Exchange 2010 broke my WSUS server RRS feed

• Question

• Hi there,

I have installed windows 2008 R2 server. After that I raised it as domain controller.  I installed WSUS on the server. Everything was working fine. I installed Exchange 2010 with Service pack 1 on the same server. I found that my WSUS is not working any more.

when I try to connect WSUS server on the console, it gives error " cannot connect to "computername" The server amy be using another port or diiferent secure sockets layer settings". I read on net and found that Exchange 2010 takes over the default website which was used by WSUS and that's why it is not working. When I installed WSUS, I selected default settings which means it will create internal database and sets itself on default website. I can see the virtual directories are still there and permission looks all right to me.

My questions is if I uninstall the WSUS now ? Will it break my Exchange OWA or will it be any effect on Exchange server peformance ? I would like to confirm before uninstalling it so I won't break exchange 2010 as it is already in production now.

Please help.

Thanks

Wednesday, December 22, 2010 3:51 AM

Answers

• Dear Customer,

I'm very sorry you have a wrong place posted. This forum is used to post questions about the Microsoft Fix it Center automated troubleshooting tool. Your issue was not appears to be a relate "Fix it Center". For general support questions please go to http://answers.microsoft.com. Thanks for your understanding!  

Please Mark as Answered If this is helpful Or Un-Mark as Answered if it is not helpful.

Best Regards,
    Yan Jun

• Marked as answer by Fafafaalex Thursday, December 23, 2010 2:22 AM
    Thursday, December 23, 2010 2:16 AM