Windows XP Professional RRS feed

• Question

•  

I'm trying to help my 87 year father in law. He has been in computers since the 60's with a masters in computer science but never the less has trouble from time to time.

Question:  How do you change the spell checker language on Windows XP Professional from French to English?  I have no idea how it was put in French in the first place and I have not been able to look at his system.  I am hoping for instructions to pass on to him so he can make the change.

thanks

Saturday, July 26, 2008 1:03 PM

All replies

•  Smorris123456 wrote:
    I'm trying to help my 87 year father in law. He has been in computers since the 60's with a masters in computer science but never the less has trouble from time to time.

Question:  How do you change the spell checker language on Windows XP Professional from French to English?  I have no idea how it was put in French in the first place and I have not been able to look at his system.  I am hoping for instructions to pass on to him so he can make the change.

thanks

This forum is for Windows Home Server.  You should try asking your question in the XP forum.

Saturday, July 26, 2008 1:22 PM
  • Probably happened as a result of a recent upgrade to MS Office 2007.  Google "Spell Check" + "Outlook Express", and you'll find a download that will fix the spell checking language by restetting it to English.

Saturday, July 26, 2008 8:13 PM