Can Live Writer take a drag-and-drop image and save it as a local image?

• One thing I've always wanted to do is write a blog post using an image from someone else's site WITHOUT directly linking to their image AND without having to save the image in a folder on my computer, then select upload in my blogging tool, then hunt down the image on my hard drive, then upload it. 

I'd like to just drag the image to my Live Writer window, maybe resize it, add some text, hit publish and have it automatically save the image to the proper folder in my WordPress installation (under images then the "year" folder then the "month" folder).

Anyone know if that is a config item?  A plug-in?  Or even a possibility at all?

THANK YOU for sharing your wisdom!
    Austin, TX
    Wednesday, February 10, 2010 10:01 PM

All replies

• I can't say drag-and-drop images is working, and I never link back to images on someone else's website.

What you can do is copy and paste images from their website to Windows Live Writer. And  I’d suggest using a plug-in.

As a suggestion, I’d NEVER paste images in to Windows Live Writer without using a plug-in, or loading the image locally/manually as a JPG, because Windows Live Writer pastes all images as a PNG [double the size of any jpg]. Using the native paste functions and getting PNG files, the blog entries will be larger in size, use more bandwidth and blog sites will load slower.

I think you should try CLIPBOARD LIVE.

This has some options for when you copy and paste information. Don't forget to check the OPTIONS for the plug-in.
    It's very useful.

Hope this helps.

L. Henry Jr.
    Wednesday, February 10, 2010 10:27 PM