Connecting Vb 6 to ms access RRS feed

• Question

• Salam!

i connected my forms designed in visualbasic 6.0 to ms access databases using the databox in vb. but can anyone let me know how can i add more records, edit them, or search for them in the database through visualbasic project converted to exe file!! i can view my records in the forms which i have already saved into my database from ms access but i need to know how to add new records, edit them and also search for records using a key word (primary key) from my project.exe file (vb forms)

On one of the forms, i have also made some picture boxes and i need to save particular pics related to records in the database! the pic in the pic box shud change when i go from record 1 to record 2 in my form!!!! Need help please!!!!!! Thankyou!

• Moved by Liliane Teng Wednesday, July 21, 2010 2:45 AM Please repost on appropriate forum for better support (From:Visual Basic General)
    Tuesday, July 20, 2010 10:03 AM

All replies

• Salam!

i connected my forms designed in visualbasic 6.0 to ms access databases using the databox in vb. but can anyone let me know how can i add more records, edit them, or search for them in the database through visualbasic project converted to exe file!! i can view my records in the forms which i have already saved into my database from ms access but i need to know how to add new records, edit them and also search for records using a key word (primary key) from my project.exe file (vb forms)

On one of the forms, i have also made some picture boxes and i need to save particular pics related to records in the database! the pic in the pic box shud change when i go from record 1 to record 2 in my form!!!! Need help please!!!!!! Thankyou!

Pls: i dont want to use any coding type of stuff,, wanna do it directly!
    Tuesday, July 20, 2010 10:04 AM
  •  Be aware that VB6 is not anymore a full suported product of Microsoft.

Visual Basic Express is a supported free product, why not using that one.

At least you don't get then licenses problems if you did not buy a full VB6 version.  (for instance the learning editions of VB6 don't allow you to sell).

http://www.microsoft.com/express/Downloads/#2010-Visual-Basic

VB6 is off topic in this forum

Success
    Cor
    Tuesday, July 20, 2010 10:47 AM
  • See the following for VB 6.0 questions:

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/vbgeneral/thread/6a0719fe-14af-47f7-9f51-a8ea2b9c8d6b

The other option is to step up to Visual Basic Express Edition as Cor mentioned.

Paul ~~~~ Microsoft MVP (Visual Basic)
    Tuesday, July 20, 2010 12:13 PM
  • Hello Nehal,

Thanks for your post.

Cor and Paul have given you helpful suggestions.This forum is for VB.NET questions

only. Please repost on appropriate forum as Paul suggested for better and quicker

support. Thanks for your understanding.

Have a nice day.

Best regards,

Liliane

Please mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. Thanks
    Wednesday, July 21, 2010 2:44 AM