COMPATIBILITY RRS feed

• Question

• I have installed Windows 10 today and thought everything was OK until I came to open my Microsoft Money which was working well up until the installation and it comes up with the error message that it need IE 6 to work. Does this mean I can no longer use this programme and I have lost all my financial information over many years? I have never used it with an internet connection so it seems a shame but I know that it is now out of date. Can anyone suggest something similar that I may use?
    Saturday, August 22, 2015 7:29 AM

Answers

• Run Windows Update. Money will then launch normally.

Updates to Windows 10 bypass the bugs in Money versions which trigger the message about IE6.

Saturday, August 22, 2015 7:47 AM

All replies

• Run Windows Update. Money will then launch normally.

Updates to Windows 10 bypass the bugs in Money versions which trigger the message about IE6.

Saturday, August 22, 2015 7:47 AM
  • Thank you so much that has worked well and I am so relieved. I have used Money since 1997 and have all my archives since then on USB along with my backups. I know Microsoft Money is no more and I really should look to get something more up-to-date but it has worked so well for me it is like a friend.
    Sunday, August 23, 2015 11:27 AM
  • I just ran win update and it still did not fix me Money Sunset problem. I worked fine till I converted to win 10.
    • Proposed as answer by CoolNL Monday, August 24, 2015 6:39 PM
    • Unproposed as answer by CoolNL Monday, August 24, 2015 6:39 PM
    Monday, August 24, 2015 4:45 PM
  • I just read that iT doesn't work together with Edge. Money requires a versies of Internet Explorer on your PC. You should set IE11 as your default browser instemde. That should do the trick.
    Monday, August 24, 2015 6:42 PM
  • Yes Yes the update allows me to open MS Money Sunset, all I have is to test DL from bank, keeping my fingers cross. Liking W10 so far, seems faster and no other issues have shown up. Its the best upgrade, seem flawless.
    Wednesday, August 26, 2015 12:14 AM
  • Just a note on what I did. #1 changed the regedit verson file (removed last 5 # and put in 0)than it open but crashed #2 downloaded the revised dil file, renamed old file. #3 run ms money sunset in admin. So far after some tests it seems to be working ok. Loaded in backup file, dl from bank. Seems to run faster under W10
    Wednesday, August 26, 2015 12:59 PM
  • Just a note on what I did. #1 changed the regedit verson file (removed last 5 # and put in 0)than it open but crashed #2 downloaded the revised dil file, renamed old file. #3 run ms money sunset in admin. So far after some tests it seems to be working ok. Loaded in backup file, dl from bank. Seems to run faster under W10

I think the IE version number change is no longer required with later updates to Windows 10.

Regarding running the file as Administrator, that should not be needed if you put your *.mny files in locations that are writable by non-Adminstrators, such as your Documents folder. We will watch for other reports that Administrator solved some problem where the file was not in a protected area, such as Program Files.

I would put the scheduled backup onto other media, such as a USB flash drive or a Onedrive drive. That way a hard drive crash does not lose your Money files.

Wednesday, August 26, 2015 3:57 PM
  • I have the same problem did you get a fix????
    Friday, August 28, 2015 2:51 AM
  • If you have the same problem then do the same thing that the other posters did.  It fixed their problem.

Bill Becker

Friday, August 28, 2015 3:02 AM