Charting: Possible to Remove/Hide Axis Labels? RRS feed

• Question

• Is it possible to remove the axis labels for a chart through customization of the xml? I have a case we're I need to remove the label from the y-axis  in one chart and remove the label from the x-axis in another chart.

Thanks

Tuesday, September 20, 2011 6:49 PM

Answers

• Yes, you can do that.

1. Export a chart to a xml file.
    2. Open the xml file with NotePad.
    3. Find the attribute <AxisY></AxisY>.
    4. Set Enabled="False" for <LabelStyle> of <AxisY>.
    5. Here is a sample:
    <AxisY LabelAutoFitMinFontSize="8" TitleForeColor="59, 59, 59" TitleFont="{0}, 10.5px" LineColor="165, 172, 181" IsReversed="False">

<MajorGrid LineColor="239, 242, 246" />

<LabelStyle Font="{0}, 10.5px" ForeColor="59, 59, 59" Enabled="False"/>

</AxisY>

6. After that, import the xml to CRM as a chart.

You can do the same thing for AxisX.

Jackie Chen, Microsoft Online Community Support. Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you.
    Thursday, September 22, 2011 1:41 AM
  • Please make sure you have saved the xml file. Please keep both chart when you import the chart. Here is the chart from my test:

Original Chart:

Hide label for X and Y axis:

Jackie Chen, Microsoft Online Community Support. Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you.
    Monday, September 26, 2011 5:50 AM

All replies

• Yes, you can do that.

1. Export a chart to a xml file.
    2. Open the xml file with NotePad.
    3. Find the attribute <AxisY></AxisY>.
    4. Set Enabled="False" for <LabelStyle> of <AxisY>.
    5. Here is a sample:
    <AxisY LabelAutoFitMinFontSize="8" TitleForeColor="59, 59, 59" TitleFont="{0}, 10.5px" LineColor="165, 172, 181" IsReversed="False">

<MajorGrid LineColor="239, 242, 246" />

<LabelStyle Font="{0}, 10.5px" ForeColor="59, 59, 59" Enabled="False"/>

</AxisY>

6. After that, import the xml to CRM as a chart.

You can do the same thing for AxisX.

Thursday, September 22, 2011 1:41 AM
  • Actually, that doesn't seem to be working for me. I am using Dynamics CRM 2011.  Here is axis that I tried editing for a chart. I imported the new chart, published my changes but the label was still displaying on the chart. 

<AxisX LabelAutoFitMinFontSize="8" TitleForeColor="59, 59, 59" TitleFont="{0}, 10.5px" LineColor="165, 172, 181" IntervalAutoMode="VariableCount">
                <MajorGrid LineColor="Transparent" />
                <LabelStyle Font="{0}, 10.5px" ForeColor="59, 59, 59" Enabled="False" />
              </AxisX>

Do you have any suggestions?

Thanks

Thursday, September 22, 2011 2:27 PM
  • move to development and bump.

Regards, Donna

Sunday, September 25, 2011 11:03 PM
  • Please make sure you have saved the xml file. Please keep both chart when you import the chart. Here is the chart from my test:

Original Chart:

Hide label for X and Y axis:

Monday, September 26, 2011 5:50 AM