money 2005 wont download RRS feed

• Question

• I recently got a new HP pavilion touch smart. When I went to load my Microsoft money/works cd, only the works would load. I called HP support and the tech took over remote access of my pc. in 5 minutes or less he had the program downloading. after loading 3months of information back into my money program to bring my accounts current, I  shut down my pc for the night and in the morning when I restarted and went to open the money program, all my input info was gone. Before my money program automatically saved all information entered any given day whether I backed it up or not. I called HP back again and the tech said to do this, and do that, etc.... and it would automatically save my inputs to the hard drive. this caused even more problems, because when I clicked on my desktop money icon, it opened the original file not the one with changes that was stored in the hard drive. So I uninstalled the money program and decided to reload it. When I went to reload it, it will not run again. Now a new HP tech is saying that they cannot help me with the problem and Microsoft tech support tells me they cannot help either.

Somehow that first HP tech made the program install.

Monday, September 29, 2014 5:03 PM

All replies

• Exactly what happens when you try to load the software?
    Monday, September 29, 2014 6:56 PM
  • I recently got a new HP pavilion touch smart. When I went to load my Microsoft money/works cd, only the works would load. I called HP support and the tech took over remote access of my pc. in 5 minutes or less he had the program downloading. after loading 3months of information back into my money program to bring my accounts current, I  shut down my pc for the night and in the morning when I restarted and went to open the money program, all my input info was gone. Before my money program automatically saved all information entered any given day whether I backed it up or not. I called HP back again and the tech said to do this, and do that, etc.... and it would automatically save my inputs to the hard drive. this caused even more problems, because when I clicked on my desktop money icon, it opened the original file not the one with changes that was stored in the hard drive. So I uninstalled the money program and decided to reload it. When I went to reload it, it will not run again. Now a new HP tech is saying that they cannot help me with the problem and Microsoft tech support tells me they cannot help either.

It is important that your *.mny file and *.mbf files NOT be within Program files. Instead put them into your Documents folder.

That might not be contributing to your program, but it could.

Monday, September 29, 2014 11:30 PM