Unusable DbSyncProvider because of "ParameterDirection.Output" limitation on Sqlite RRS feed

• Question

• I would like to derive from DbSyncProvider to write a sync provider for my database (Sqlite) but I am stucked by the fact that must of the preconfigured query like for example DbSyncProvider.SelectNewTimestampProvider, DbSyncProvider.SelectScopeInfoCommand and so on are expected output parameter ParameterDirection.Output but Sqlite do not support output parameter only ParameterDirection.Input.

Any chance I can find a workaround for this ? If not I will have to derive from RelationalSyncProvider which is far more complicated.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Friday, April 29, 2011 6:13 PM

Answers

• Hi,

There is no workaround for DBSyncProvider if your database doesn't support output parameter. I don't think that you can derived from RelationalSyncProvider and write your owner provider. A few necessary base classes are internal only. It is not the usage scenario that SyncFx team planned to support. You may want to consider Syncfx Simple Custom Provider (http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd937537(v=SQL.110).aspx) instead.

Thanks,
    Dong

This posting is provided AS IS with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    Monday, May 2, 2011 8:36 PM